Chapter 2

Recap : "Can't believe you had to go through all that Chaer."

THIRD PERSON'S POV:
Beomgyu stood up and went inside the washroom with different thoughts dwelling in his mind. He was looking at the mirror with a bitter smile.

"I made you wait twenty years.."
He said to himself as he lowered his head.

"I was too late to win you over......"
He said as he broke into tears and sat down resting his head on his hands.

Beomgyu and Chaeryeong had always been the bestest friends ever since their childhood as their father's were best friends too. They first met when both were five and their friendship started with Chaeryeong irritating him with everything.

"Hey! Will you play with me?"
Little Chaeryeong wearing pigtails asked a small boy who was playing with sand.

"No, you are not my friend."
The boy said and went back to playing. It was Beomgyu. Chaeryeong, who was always treated as a princess could not bear anyone talking to her like that so she walked upto him and filled some sand in her hands. Beomgyu, who was unaware of Chaeryeong's plan was playing peacefully until he felt something on his head and it was too late because Chaeryeong had already thrown a handful of sand on him. Beomgyu did the same to Chaeryeong which initiated a sand fight which the both kids started enjoying eventually. After a while, both got yelled at by their fathers but the bond that they shared forged a new unbreakable friendship.

Beomgyu smiled at the memories of his and Chaeryeong but his smile dropped when he remembered how he left Korea when he was eight without even informing his best buddy because he knew that Chaeryeong would never let him go. Being away from her was indeed really difficult for him.

"I'm really missing you Chaer."
Beomgyu said to the photo of Chaeryeong he always carried with himself.

"I'm sorry for not telling you but I had no choice! You wouldn't have let me go. Besides, I've to become responsible enough to handle dad's company and I promise I'll visit you!"
He said as he kept her photoframe on the study table and slept.

"Chaer! I'm finally coming!"
Sixteen year old Beomgyu said to the same photoframe.

"You'd be mad at me for not talking to you for eight years but I want to meet you in person! I want to tell you how I felt all these years, how I realised that I want to spend the rest of my life with you...I like you...."
His voice became lower at the end. His heart was beating really really fast.

"Gyu! Chaeryeong's on line!!"
Beomgyu heard his mom say and he ran as fast as he could. He was really excited to talk to her. His mom handed him the phone and he placed it on his right ear.

"Hey Babe!"
He said jokingly to which Chaeryeong laughed too making him smile which his mom noticed too.

"Stop joking Gyu!"
She said while laughing and now he had a wide grin.

"My boyfriend's not gonna like it!"
She again said while laughing but Beomgyu's smile dropped as soon as he heard Chaeryeong.

"Y-Your Boyfriend?"
He asked while stuttering, his voice became low in the end. His mom noticed him too as she quickly took her phone from him and ended the call after talking to Chaeryeong.

She noticed Beomgyu who seemed to be shocked. As soon as she put her hand on his shoulder, he bursted into tears and she had tears in her eyes too. She knew what her son was going through.

Beomgyu remembered how long he cried that day. He later composed himself and thought that he would stay her bestest friend forever.

"You never contacted me after that.....I never knew you suffered in love just like me..."
Beomgyu said as he stood under the shower letting the water slowly go down through his bare body.

After a while, he got out of the shower wearing a bath robe, he looked at the diary and smiled at it. This time, it was sad, it was full of joy.

"It still has some pages left, I'll write down the next ones!"
Beomgyu said to himself and got ready. He wore some formals and left the luxurious suite but still he had the diary along with him.

He sat in his car and this time, he was sitting on the backseat and the driver was driving the car. It was a luxurious car instead of a sport's car and he seemed a whole different person from before.

"Take me to the office."
He said as the driver drove off.

As soon as Beomgyu entered the office, everyone were left shocked. The people started gossiping and whispering but he went straight to his cabin.

It was a luxurious cabin which was adorned with decent showpieces and plants. It was located on the topmost floor which gave him an access to view the city from his cabin.

"Good evening sir."
Beomgyu heard a voice and he turned around to see a tall guy with a pleasant smile.

"Good evening, and you are-"
Before Beomgyu could complete, the man spoke.

"I'm Kai Kamal Huening. Your assistant!"
He introduced to which Beomgyu nodded.

"So Kai, tell me about this branch of Vrit."
Beomgyu asked him.

"South Korean branch of Vrit is doing alright as it's launched just a few years ago!"
Kai replied enthusiastically.

"Very well, have you hired models for the promotion?"
Beomgyu asked again.

"We're currently contacting Shin Hyeri."
Kai replied and Beomgyu's eyebrows creased.

"Shin Hyeri? Isn't she like the leadinf model right now?"
Beomgyu asked to which Kai nodded.

"Don't contact her."
Beomgyu ordered to which Kai looked at him in shock. Beomgyu smiled lightly and put his hand around Kai's shoulder.

"Look, our goal is to be successful so why don't we make new faces successful?"
Beomgyu said to Kai.

"But sir the risk is high. New faces promoting new brand, no one will notice us."
Kai said but Beomgyu just chuckled.

"We'll make our brand and the model successful at the same time."
Beomgyu said to which Kai nodded. He obviously had to follow his boss's rules.

"If that is so..."
Kai said to which Beomgyu looked at him in intrigue.

"Compassion has also contacted us for the promotion of their newest model."
Kai said to wich Beomgyu raised his eyebrows.

"Compassion? Never heard of it."
Beomgyu said.

"Yes sir, it's a new modelling agency."
Kai replied.

"Is the model here? I'd like to meet her."
Beomgyu said to which Kai quickly left the cabin.

Beomgyu then walked towards the desk and soonafter, he heard a knock on the door. He saw Kai along with a girl who was smiling continuously. She had short hair and a cute look which unknowingly made Beomgyu smile. Kai then signalled the girl to walk forward as he introduced the girl to him.

"This is Shin Ryujin, Compassion's model."