Epilogue

15 Years Later

"Stupid, infuriating, insufferable, unbearable MAN!" A 13 year old Arshi ranted, as she slathered butter on her toast and began to spread it viciously, as if it had done her a great personal harm. "What does he think of himself? How dare he do that?" she continued muttering.

Khushi smiled at her daughter.

"But that’s just a bread honey, not your brother," She said setting the plates for breakfast. “And thank the almighty that it was Arush who saw him trying to woo you, not your father.”

“Mom!” Arshi whispered in horror. “Don’t even slip it out your tongue in front of Dad, he’ll pay to kill that poor boy. Don’t tell anything to him!”

“Is someone trying to keep secrets from me?”

Arshi looked up from the table and gaped in shock seeing her father sitting next to her, reading newspaper.

“When did you come?” she asked.

“I thought you would greet me first.”

“Good morning, Dad!” she muttered and as she bit on the toast.

“Good morning, sweetheart!” He smiled at her and looked around. “Where is Arush?”

Khushi looked at Arnav and raised her eyebrows.

“Oh, sorry!” he shook his head. “So would you tell me what you were talking about, princess?”

“Ah,.. I am done. Bye,” and she ran to her room.

“What happened to her?” He asked Khushi confused.

Khushi chuckled as she sat beside him

“I told you where Arush is.”

“Yes, a breakfast date. I didn’t know kids these days meet for date on breakfast.”

“It’s more like an apology for keeping her waiting at lunch yesterday,” Khushi chuckled.

“I would have never kept my date waiting like that.”

“As if someone would have gone on a date with you rather than me,” Khushi rolled her eyes.

“Did you forget I was the most dashing boy at school?”

“Stop flattering yourself,” Khushi said as she hit him on his arm. “Thats not the topic of discussion right now.”

“Yeah, sorry. Why is this apology date for?” Arnav asked. “He even took my car yesterday.”

“Well before he could start the car, your son saw the boy in the neighborhood give roses to his sister.”

“How dare he!” Arnav rose in anger.

“Calm down tiger,” Khushi pulled him back to the chair. “Arush has broken his nose.”

“Good!” He said, proud of his son.

“Good? He hit a 16 year old boy!”

“So what? My girl is just 13! That not an age for all this.”

“Such a hypocrite your are!” Khushi said as she took the plates and kept them in the wash basin.

“Hypocrite?” Arnav asked shocked as he washed his hands. “Why?”

“Did you forget how old I was when you started flirting with me?”

Arnav froze. Khushi was right. She was only 13, and he was 16 year old when they fell in love. And now their daughter was exactly that age.

Time flew really fast.

“Where are you lost?” he felt his wife hugging him from behind.

“You’ll laugh,” he said as he chuckled.

“I’ll not.”

“I am glad you don’t have an elder brother. He would have broken my nose otherwise.”

And Khushi started laughing loudly.

“And you would have dumped me,” he said cheekily.

“When did we date for me to dump you?” Khushi said pulling his cheeks and Arnav’s smile dropped.

It was something he could never forgive himself for. For not talking it out with Khushi and forcing her to marry him. He was grateful she didn’t leave him alone no matter how many time he had wronged her.

“Hello, husband?” Khushi snapped her fingers. “I don’t like it when you get lost in thoughts when I am around.”

“Only you are in my thoughts,” Arnav said lovingly and leaned down.

Khushi pushed him lightly.

“Arnav, our kids have grown up. Your son is on a date and you try to find excuses to romance,” she said blushing slightly.

“Who said father of grownup kids cannot romance? And where excuses are concerned, I don’t need an excuse to kiss my wife.”

And he captured her lips in his.

“Eewwwww!” they heard and broke the kiss.

Arush was standing near the door closing his eyes.

“As if you have not seen your parents kiss before,” Arnav rolled his eyes.

“I have and I am tired of it now,” Arush said and he walked inside. “Come on, even Arshi has grown up now.”

“She is angry with you by the way,” Khushi said and all of them settled down in the living room.

“Still?” he frowned. “I thought she would forget about it after a tight sleep.”

“Oh why not,” they saw Arshi walking out of her room. “You are my third parent after all.”

All three of them chuckled. Arush pulled her to make her sit beside him and whispered in his ears.

“If you don’t stop bulking then how will I tell you how my date went?”

Arshi’s eyes widened.

“Did you kiss her, did you kiss her!?’ she started jumping excitedly and Arush turned red like a tomato.

“He kissed her!” Arshi said in realisation as she pulled her brother towards his room. “I need details!”

Arush walked with his sister while turning back towards his parents, they were smiling at him. He blushed and increased his pace, pulling his little sister with him.

Khushi finally had what she always dreamt of. She was with everyone she loved, she had a happy family now which she had thought she was never going to have at some point of her life. She locked eyes with her husband, she knew he was happy too. From being a teenager infatuated by him to being his children’s mother, she had come a long way.

She had her own version of a fairy tale, and her story, did had a fairytale ending.

________

So guys, this story concludes here. I hope you enjoyed the journey of these two. Don't forget to comment your reviews!

To my silent readers, please drop a last comment about your experience!