Chapter 2

Arnav closed his eyes but sleep was far away from him. He tossed and turned on the bed to see a sleeping form of Khushi on the couch. In the three years of their marriage, she had hardly spoken few words to him. But every time she spoke, her words would bruise his heart.

But he never blamed her for anything. She didn't know what she meant to him; she was angry on him for not asking her before marrying her but he knew somewhere she still loved him.

With the same hope in his heart for a better morning tomorrow, closer his eyes again and soon sleep took over him.

The next morning wasn't any different. When Arnav woke up, Khushi wasn't in the room. He got ready for the office. When he came down, Khushi was arranging the dining table. They didn't even look at each other as Arnav sat on his chair and Khushi served him breakfast. As if it was a daily routine, Arnav put a plate on his side and Khushi sat down to have her food too.

They ate in silence when they heard and heard the doorbell.

"Who has come so early in the morning?" Khushi wondered while Arnav waited for the servant to open the door.

"Akash!" Arnav screamed excitedly and rushed to hug him while.

A happy smile crept on Khushi's face too as soon as she saw Payal following him.

"Sorry sorry sorry!" Payal said as she hugged Khushi. "We were supposed to give surprise on your anniversary but our flight got delayed."

"It's Okay Payal," Arnav said. "Atleast you guys are here."

"Yes." Khushi said. "Akash hardly gets leave anyway. You guys have come that's enough."

Arnav decided to work from home. As he was settled in London after marriage, he always missed his family in India. Akash was his best friend since childhood and he was the witness of his true love for Khushi. Akash was answering a call on his phone when Arnav entered the room.

"How are you?" Akash asked after finishing the call.

"How am I looking?" Arnav questioned back.

"Broken."

Arnav's heart stopped beating. He had always tried his best to conceal his feelings and state of heart. But his brother knew him too well. He couldn't hide anything from him.

"Leave it, Akash. Let's talk about something else. How is everyone at home?"

"Everything is fine. We all miss you. You would get upset talking about them too because I know how much you miss everyone. Do let's talk about you and Khushi. May be some moments from school?"

"School?" Khushi asked Payal as they work in the kitchen together. "Why remember those old things, let talk about something else..."

"Come on, Khushi. You know I don't know anything about your story. Tell!"

"Okay." Khushi sighed.

Payal was her best friend since the day she knew him. That was the only time they went to India after marriage, Akash and Payal's wedding.

"I joined the school in midterm. On my first day, as I boarded the bus, all the shouting and yelling that was happening inside, stopped. Everyone looked at me as if I am an Alien," Khushi said in disbelief to which Payal chuckled.

"They were all starring at me and I was hell nervous. It was the first day! All the seats were occupied so I walked towards the end of the bus and stood there silently. The bus started moving but still there was silence. Suddenly it braked and I lost balance. I got scared so I closed my eyes and held tightly the first thing I found. I opened my eyes; he was looking straight at me. His one hand was over my waist and other on my cheek as if he was trying to protect me. My one hand was around his neck and other hand holding his shirt tightly, and I realised that I was sitting on the lap of the most handsome boy I have ever seen. His face was as deep as an ocean and his face was just so cute."

Khushi chirped at the memory.

"You were sitting on his lap?" Payal asked surprise.

"Oh man, I fell. Where I was standing, he was sitting on the side seat. But that was the time it had happened. My first attraction my first crush!"

" She fell on me, but I fell completely in love with her. As soon as the bus stopped, she pushed me and got up as if she felt an electric shock." Arnav chuckled and Akash smiled.

"You know I didn't know what had happened to me at that time but later I realised that it was the most beautiful thing in the world. My first feeling, my first love!" He said and looked at Akash smiling at him.

"What are you looking at?"

" I haven't heard you talk about anyone like this till today," Akash said. "You love Khushi the most, don't you?"

" I don't know. But I do know that no one can love Khushi more than me."

"Are you happy, Khushi?" Payal asked.

"I don't know. But I will only pray that no one else's life should be like mine," She said in a painful tone.

"You mean, you haven't forgave him yet?" Payal asked again.

"No. And I don't want to." Khushi replied determined.

"Why don't you change all this? Why don't you let her live her life? Why don't you let her go?", asked Akash to Arnav.

"I can't!" Arnav almost yelled. "My single decision spoilt everything, Khushi had to leave her studies, she married me, and leaving everything, came here, London, only for me, just because, I am her husband. And now, her parents, they are dead. Where would she go? So, I can't let her go at any cost! I'll always wait for her"

"How long?" asked Akash/Payal.

"Forever," Arnav and Khushi replied in determination.

To be continued....

I must say, you guys are so fast. Lol. Here is the next chapter. I hope that was good. Next target is same. 100 likes :P