Chapter 10

First of all sorry for updating after months. But you know, life happened 😅 hope you guys remember this story.

Happy reading!

They broke apart, completely in shock. Several students stood staring at them. Few were shocked, and few were surprised. Some of the girls blushed, while others looked at them in disgust. But Khushi and Arnav were sure that now they were screwed.

Khushi ran out of the library while Arnav closed his eyes in despair. He knew he had made a huge blunder and needed to find a way to get both of them out of it. Khushi walked as fast as she could but stopped hearing her classmates talking.
“Do you now realize how did she score so well even after taking such a long break from her studies?”
“I knew she had hots for Prof. ASR, but I never thought she would stoop so low.”
“Many girls have a crush on ASR, but how did he fall into this girl’s trap?”
“She would have seduced him, ofcourse.”
“Khushi, you should teach us how to woo the professor.” A girl said, and Khushi couldn’t help the tears that rolled from her eyes.
“What the!” Arnav screamed.

“Khushi acts so Sati Savitri all the time. Does her husband know what she is doing here? I feel bad for that poor man. Such a characterless wife he has!”
“Mind your language!” Arnav screamed again, but he was controlling his urge to break the boy’s face.
“You mind your behavior first,” another boy said. “I have seen the way you look at her. You're always gazing at her while we all write notes. Did she seduce you?”
"Before I lose all my patience, go back to your classes,” Arnav bit on every word he said.
The students could see their ever-cool professor getting angry. No one wanted to face his fury, so everyone left the place at once. Arnav looked at Khushi who ran away, wiping her tears. He followed her silently.

“Hey Khushi,” Khushi stopped hearing some of her senior boys calling her. “We heard you were caught in the act with the professor. Did he help you with your studies?”
“We can also help you, we are seniors after all,” said another. “Say, your place or ours?”
And all of them started laughing. Khushi was inconsolable.
“Hey girl, why are you running away? Did you run when that Professor Raizada offered you the deal?"
"Hey, I know we can't let you pass the exams, but we can surely give you tuition, in all the ways you want.” said another one.
Suddenly, the guy felt a punch on his face and flew ahead some paces, landing painfully on the ground. The other three turned back in alarm, and their jaws instantly dropped when they saw Arnav.
"What were you saying about her? Say it again if you have the guts!" Arnav screamed furiously.
"What's your problem, Professor? She served you right, now let us have our chance," Said one of them.

Arnav had lost all his restraint by now. He saw some boys walking past them with hockey sticks. He snatched one of the sticks and started bashing him while everyone in the surrounding gazed at him, shocked.
"Please, no. Leave him,” Khushi tried to stop Arnav, but he was not in the mood to listen. He was more furious than ever and would never spare someone who dares to insult his wife.
“Let him go, please. Stop it. I said, leave him, Arnav!” screamed Khushi.
He stopped, and everyone went numb hearing Khushi scream at Arnav and call him by his first name.

“Mr. Raizada!” they hear the principal. “What is this behavior? How can you beat a student like that?”
“I am sorry, sir. These boys were talking trash about Khushi, so I couldn’t control myself.”
“I know what has happened. We have to take strict actions against you both,” The principal said and both Arnav and Khushi looked at him shocked.
“No, please.” Arnav pleaded. “Khushi isn’t at fault. She is working hard. You can take action against me, but not Khushi,” Arnav begged. “Please don’t…” He joined his hands.
“Arnav!” Khushi held his hands. “
“Why are you begging? You don’t have to do this. I can’t see you begging someone. You are my pride, my whole world. You are my sky Arnav, and the sky does not bow down to anyone.”
“But Khushi…”
“Arnav, no husband would do what you have done for your wife. No one loves anyone as much as you have loved me. Your being with me means the most to me. It was my decision not to tell anyone about our relationship. Not because it is some secret… ”
“I know,” Arnav said. “I also agreed because I didn’t want your identity to suppress down in front of my empire. I wanted people to recognize you as you, not Mrs. Arnav Singh Raizada.”
Everyone gasped. Khushi and Arnav looked around without any fear or guilt anymore.

“Sir,” Khushi said to the principal. “I know we made a mistake. And we respect your decision but we haven't done anything that we should be ashamed of. We both are husband and wife. I know I shouldn’t make excuses still, I am sorry.”
“Sir, please reconsider your decision,” Arnav said and Khushi looked at him.
“Mr. Raizada, it may not be morally wrong, but any kind of relationship between professor and student is against the rules of the college. And a romantic relationship is strictly against our guidelines,” he explained. “Let me talk to the management. We will inform you via call, but for now, we advise you to take a leave.”
The principal left and Arnav turned towards the boys once again.
“From today onwards no one should say anything wrong about Khushi. it's your responsibility. If anyone bothers my wife or says any nonsense about her, then I will enter the college and beat you again. Mind that,” he said and put his hand on the boy's shoulder making him jump in fear.
“Stop scaring him,” Khushi whispered. “Let’s go.”

She pulled her with him but Arnav kept glaring at the students till they vanished from his sight.

_________

That's all fir today!