Chapter 13: First Kiss?

Wednesday, 19/7/21

I woke up and did my morning exercise like I always do but this time, I dragged Harriet along with me. That girl has to move her lazy ass at least thrice in a month except for when she trains for shooting.

She did those simple workout and went to the shooting range while I did mine.

After an hour and thirty minutes of working out and training, we showered and it was finally time to eat. Oh the way I'm going to absolutely destroy and devour the food.

All those thoughts go away when I hear my father's angry voice yelling out my name as I was on my way to the dining hall but I end up laughing hearing his voice crack while Harriet was trying her best not to smile and told me to stop laughing.

Knowing that the voice crack was only going to fuel his anger, I ran down the stairs only find my dad standing whilst holding up a newspaper. I don't like where this is heading.

Liam's mum and mine were whispering to each other looking at me, just then his mother gasped and put her hand over he mouth as if she saw someone steal her ₹3,48,49,39,29,393 worth dildo.

Liam walked in with the same button up white shirt he wore yesterday and he looked just as confused as me. When his eyes met mine, I don't know what I felt, but I felt something.

My gaze shifted to my dad who is currently throwing daggers at me with those eyes and oh gosh.. I guess I was true after all. I did appear in the newspaper.. But not relating to Liam's case.

"ERICA YUVINA! GET. DOWN. HERE." He shouted at me. Well shit. As we all sat in our seat, my father slammed the newspaper to the table and slided it to me.

There it was, a big. Ass. Picture of me at the children's hospital yesterday when I went to visit Owen. Not surprised. The entire article took up the whole front page. The fuck did they even write. Jeez.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE?!" my dad roared. Was that supposed to sound scary? I'm literally taller than him..

"NOW THE HOSPITAL THINKS WE'RE DONATING THEM NINE-HUNDRED THOUSAND!" Chill. Don't you carry million dollars in your pocket every or something?

He continued, "NOW WE ACTUALLY HAVE TO DONATE IT TO SOME USELESS AND BULLSHIT CHARITY, WASTING OUR  MONEY." Oh. Wasting?

From the corner of my eye, I think I saw Liam stop eating at those words too. I thought I'd keep quiet the entire time because I was very hungry but I guess my appetite died.

"Father, may I ask how is doing something which will uplift the coming generation and people of this kingdom ' Wasting?' " I asked in a calm but strict manner with husk in my voice.

I maintained my composure as I wanted the screaming and anger for the very last moment. Of their lives.

He kept on yapping, "What are yo- ARE YOU A FUCKING IMBECILE ERICA? WE COULD'VE USED OUR MONEY FOR MORE GREATER THINGS THAN THIS! IN FACT, THE HOSPITAL HAS ENOUGH MONEY. I SHOULD HAVE ENDED YOUR LIFE WHEN I FIRST FOUND YOU WERE A GIRL YOU LITTLE BITCH!"

"What do you mean by 'something greater'? Are you saying our children are not going to be the ones working under you, FOR you in the future? They're going to be the ones helping, fighting for you in the future and dying for you. And ahh yes. Of course the hospital has more enough money to the point where staffs don't get paid enough so they work 17+ hours to feed their family but some still die of starvation and weakness, the toilets are barely clean and the beds around there are dusty, children don't get  proper food, the electricity there is bull shit and people who didn't get time to get checked up immediately by doctors die in ER's because there are only few doctors!"