wish come true

this one is dedicated to bellenuit . amazing writer .

her book the office curve is a must read

#############################################################################

CHAPTER 2- wish come true 

As I woke up I was 1- Hung-over 

2- Irritated 

3- Confused and 

4- Scared to death 

Well this was because 

1- I was completely drunk which is quite incredible since I never drink and. 

2 - So I now had a massive headache which explains my being irritated  

3- it's my birthday and my so lovely parents haven't yet come up yelling to hug me to death and wish me while at the same time give me my 18th present which is supposed to be a great lesson and very important on how I live my life (they do give me presents but they never seem to forget this one ....I wonder whats gonna be the GREAT 18TH LESSON OF MY LIFE) since this has been a tradition since ever the sudden need to break it has left me utterly confused  

4 - I don't have any idea what exactly happened yesterday so am pretty my parents will be real angry on me for getting so drunk. I am sure they will be standing with pitchforks the moment they see me. 

so when even the silence seemed to be hammering me on my head I decided to get up face the new day with courage and determination ............... yup I know big mistake cuz as soon as I stepped down my bed and tried to stand the headache increased ten times and I fell down feeling dizzy taking the table lamp and my cell phone down with me. So you see how this was a big mistake...... I nearly broke my precious cell phone which I can't live a day without and I almost crushed my favorite art décor, that piece of lamp is just fab man. Thank goodness they were both safe. I grudgingly made my way towards the bathroom where I popped a painkiller and went in for a shower. I picked my new skirt and a v necked full sleeved black t shirt; I had school so tried to keep it simple.  

As I made my way downstairs I knew something was off. My home was never this silent. By now mum and dad should be on dining table having breakfast and talking about the world news. They were this silent only when they were up to something like last time when I had come back from vacations from grandpas place they acted like this and later on I realized that my goldfish Nemo (ya I love Nemo) was suspiciously missing . And their explanation for this was that our cat had eaten it when I was sure they had forgotten to feed it since we did not have a cat. So yes they were having breakfast but so silently that I began to doubt whether it was my birthday or funeral. 

"Morning dad, morning mum" I waited for them to show some signs as to what was wrong but no such luck 

"Hey honey, happy birthday "my mum hugged me tight, finally something normal. But my dad was still behind the newspaper. "Hey dad wasup" 

"Nothing much same old failing economies and war for power"he didn't even come from behind the newspaper. 

"Umm so dad you do remember it's my birthday right" 

"Of course honey"finally I get to see his face. 

"So why haven't you wished me yet"  

"Oh I haven't? Ok then happy birthday holly" saying so he returned back to his newspaper. This was so not good. I mean no hugging, no lessons for life. These can't be my parents. 

And again the room was engulfed in silence. Something was so very wrong. 

"Mum, dad what's wrong "