10. First Date

The sun was high in the sky, casting a brilliant glow over the football field as the match reached its climax. Fourth, stood at the center of the pitch, his eyes locked on the ball with steely determination. Sweat glistened on his forehead, a testament to the intense effort he had poured into the game.

The stands were packed with cheering fans, their excitement palpable as they watched their star athlete in action. Gemini who was among the crowd as well, never let his eyes stray away from the captain of the team—a small smile was playing on his face. Every movement Fourth made was met with roars of approval, his skill inspiring both his teammates, the crowd and even the opposing team.

He was in his element, his athletic prowess on full display.

His gaze swept across the crowd, pausing only when his target was in sight. Gemini raised his fist in a small "fighting" gestured accompanied with his signature smile and Fourth nodded back at him. He looked over at Win and Jan who were a couple of steps below Gemini who were cheering him on as well. Fourth smiled.

This is my time.

With a swift, calculated move, Fourth dodged an opponent and sent a perfect pass to his teammate, who sprinted down the field. The match continued with intensity and excitement, as everyone watched the teams with eagle eyes—hungry for a goal.

The opposing team had regrouped, and their defense was stronger, but the Chula team was relentless. A well-timed pass from a midfielder found Fourth in the perfect position. He controlled the ball with precision, weaving through defenders with ease. As he neared the goal, he took a powerful shot, aiming for the top corner. The goalkeeper dived, but the ball sailed past his outstretched hands and into the net. The crowd erupted once again, the stands a sea of jubilant fans celebrating their captain's second goal.

Fourth pumped the air with his fist, happily as his team ran towards him to hug him. He looked over at the stalls, where Jan and Win were hugging each other and he laughed. Gemini meanwhile had a satisfied smile on his face. He nodded once and Fourth reciprocated.

However, not every attempt was successful.

A few minutes later, Fourth saw an opening and went for another shot. This time, the ball curved just a bit too much, hitting the post with a loud clang and bouncing back into play.

Fuck.

Fourth shook his head and started to walk along the field to his position. Groans of disappointment echoed through the stadium, but Fourth quickly signaled his teammates to stay focused and keep pushing forward.

The match was a back-and-forth battle, with both teams giving their all. Another opportunity arose when Fourth received a pass near the edge of the penalty box. He dribbled past one defender, then another, and just as he was about to take the shot, a third defender managed to intercept, sending the ball out of bounds.

Everything was going beyond his control. Dammit.

Fourth clapped his hands, urging his team to keep the pressure on. He looked at the stalls, knowing that three pairs of eyes—which he cared for deeply—were watching him fail, consistently.

He can't give up now. Not when he had secured a date with the love of his life, who was watching him.

An unnecessary blush tainted his cheeks as Fourth brushed it away, along with his sweat. He has enough time to fan-girl over Gemini. Now he needs to focus on the game.

"Come on, guys" Fourth yelled, earning his teammates' attention, "We can do it. Don't give up"

He wasn't the most motivational captain, but he knew that right now the team didn't need long motivational speeches. They just need him to trust them that they will do good. And that was what he was doing right now.