Chapter 8 - Avery

This is the second time I came to Belle's house. House or mansion or castle, I don't know. It's crazy I have a friend who lives in this luxurious house.

The first time was for our club event. And yes, I ended up holding hands with Brad for the rest of the movie. I barely remember what was the movie. His touch the only thing that occupied my brain that night. It wasn't even dirty touches, we just held each other's hand until the movie was over. His hand was so big covered my small one. And God, I love it.

Once the movie was finished I pulled my hand from him and we just shared secret smile.

Brad wanted to drive me home but it was awkward since he already at his house. And later Mrs. Mondial said she would drive me home since my house was on her way to her home too.

The next day, which yesterday I didn't see him at all because he went to some field trip. He did send me pictures from the trip, including his selfies with his friends, but all my eyes focus was his face. That handsome face.

And later at night Belle invites me to come to her house today. And today is Saturday, I'm free. Noah will go with his family on the weekend. Mr. Banks always make sure to save his weekend for his family. What a devoted father! He reminds me a lot of Dad. He always remembers our quality time. Talk about quality time, my old man has been super busy with the new school. But it will over once he gets to know everyone.

"Avery! Welcome!" Belle grins at me and pulls me in to her house. She and I become close friends, especially after the trip to home depot. This composed girl can blush and clumsy when we are talking about a certain guy. I've yet to meet him, but next week I will meet this guy, can't wait to see what he looks like!

"Are you sure it's okay for me to have lunch here?" I ask, look around.

"It's fine. Mom and Dad are having their vacation. So it's only Brad and me in the house, well with the butler and all. But today, the food is courtesy of Mr. Fox himself!" She opens the door that leads to a pantry with an open kitchen. Brad is in the middle of kitchen plating something.

"Brad?"

He grins at me. "Hi Ave! Just in time. Sit down! It's almost done."

"You cook?" I sit with Belle.

He grins and takes the food to us.

"His only talent. God gave him because He knows Brad needs it to survive," Belle smirks.

"Now now, I might slip your food and you will have to end up eating McDonald!" He puts the plate in front of us. The juicy patty calls me to eat them right here right now.

"Wow Brad, I'm impressed," I say, drooling over the food.

He chuckles and sits in front of me. "Taste it, you haven't eaten yet."

I smile and try a bite. OMG! Belle is right! He is talented! "This is so good!!!" I look at him.

He clears his throat and moves a bit from his seat. Huh?

Belle also says the same, praising her brother's food. "God Brad. I think you should open a restaurant. I'll go there everyday."

Brad chuckles and starts eating his food. And we too! We finished everything in no time because it is THAT GOOD!

"Now I'm full, I leave you two alone. Ciao!" Belle winks and leaves us.

"Um... she doesn't say that she will abandon me today and dump me on you," I say to Brad. I feel I might now what Belle has on her plan, or better yet these siblings have on their mind. But I don't want to assume.

He chuckles. "Today is me trying to woo you with my cook. Does it work?"

I chuckle. "To be honest, I'm amazed you can cook. I thought you couldn't even boil an egg."