chapter 5

Ryujin's POV:

I walked into the dorm with a huge grin, still buzzing from hanging out with Y/N.

"Ryujin, what took you so long?" Yeji asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we called you like ten times!" Chaeryeong chimed in, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Oh, sorry about that. I was hanging out with Y/N," I replied, trying to keep my voice casual.

"Without us?" Yeji’s tone was playful, but I could tell she was curious.

"She was in our practice room, so we decided to spend the day together," I explained.

"And you didn't think to call us? I would’ve loved to join you two," Yeji pouted.

"I just wanted some alone time with her, to get to know her better," I admitted.

"You've fallen for her, haven't you?" Yuna teased, a smirk spreading across her face.

"Nuh-uh. I just think we get along pretty well," I said, trying to downplay it.

"Sure, whatever you say, unnie," Yuna said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and headed to my room, but I couldn’t stop smiling. Every time I thought about Y/N, my heart raced.

"Yah, Y/N-ah, what have you done to me?" I muttered to myself, still grinning.

---

Y/N's POV:

Today’s the day I finally get to practice with the ITZY girls. I’m super excited, but also a bit nervous.

Hanni and I decided to go out before practice since it started later than usual. On our way to JYP Entertainment, Hanni couldn’t stop talking about how nervous she was to meet ITZY in person. I hadn’t mentioned to her that I was already friends with them.

As we walked into the practice room, my face lit up when I saw Ryujin standing by the door.

"Y/NNN! I’ve missed you!" Ryujin said, pulling me into a hug.

"We literally hung out yesterday, Ryujin. But sure, I’ve missed you too," I teased back, earning a playful smack from her.

"Y/N!" The other members rushed over, wrapping me in warm hugs.

"Where have you been? We’ve missed you so much!" Lia exclaimed.

"I’ve been a bit busy, but I’m sure you guys have been even busier," I replied with a smile.

"Clearly, you weren’t too busy to hang out with Ryujin," Yeji pouted, giving Ryujin a side-eye.

"It’s obvious I’m Y/N’s favorite," Ryujin teased, earning a laugh from everyone.

"That’s not true!" I protested, laughing along. I glanced over at Hanni, who was still standing by the doorway, looking a bit starstruck.

"Oh, Hanni, come here," I called out to her. She shyly stepped forward, waving at the girls.

"Girls, this is Hanni, my friend. She’s also one of the backup dancers," I introduced her.

"It’s nice to meet you, Hanni," the girls greeted her warmly.

"It’s nice to meet you too. Y/N, you’re so lucky to have them as your friends," Hanni said, still in awe.

"You’re right," I agreed with a smile.

---

After practice, Yeji invited me to hang out with the girls at the dorm, and I happily agreed. We spent the evening playing games, bonding, and finally settled on a movie to watch together. Just as everyone got comfortable on the couch, I noticed Ryujin quietly slipping away to her room. She had been unusually quiet all day, so I decided to check on her.