chapter 33

I don't exactly love this chapter but i had no other ideas so bare with me .

Ryujin’s POV:

The practice room buzzed with energy, our sneakers scraping against the floor as we repeated each step, chasing perfection. The sound of our synchronized movements and the pounding music filled the air. I was focused, my mind clear—until the door creaked open.

A figure I hadn’t seen in years stepped inside—Jiwoo.

She’d been added to our team for the tour, something I had no say in, and now that she was here, an old tension resurfaced. She was the kind of girl who didn’t just make her presence known; she demanded attention, bold and confident, and I knew from the start that this was going to be a problem.

“Ryujin, long time no see,” she said, her voice almost too casual as she walked past everyone, heading straight for me.

“Yeah, it’s been a while,” I replied, keeping it cool, though I could already feel Y/N’s gaze cutting through the room. She was watching us, and that was making the tension even thicker.

Jiwoo’s hand landed on my arm, her fingers lingering a moment too long. “You’ve grown up. Look at you.”

I shifted, stepping back under the guise of adjusting my shirt, trying to escape her touch. “Thanks,” I muttered, my voice clipped. This wasn’t going to go well. I could already sense it.

From the corner of my eye, Y/N’s jaw tightened. She wasn’t one to make a scene, but I knew her better than anyone. Beneath that calm exterior was jealousy that she was fighting to keep at bay. I wanted to go over and reassure her, to tell her she was the only one who mattered, but I couldn’t—not here, not now.

As Jiwoo was introduced to the rest of the girls, I did my best to focus on the choreography. But Jiwoo wasn’t making it easy. Every break, she’d find her way to me, brushing against my arm or whispering something about the ‘old days,’ her tone suggestive.

It was infuriating. I couldn’t even enjoy the small moments I usually had with Y/N during practice. Whenever I tried to catch her eye, Jiwoo was there, blocking my view, pushing my buttons.

By the time we took a water break, my patience was thin. Jiwoo slid up beside me, her hand lightly resting on my shoulder. “You’ve only gotten better, Ryujin,” she murmured, her breath too close for comfort.

I stepped away, pretending to take a long drink from my water bottle. “Yeah, well, we all have.”

Across the room, Y/N’s eyes narrowed. She didn’t say a word, but the tension in her posture was clear. Jiwoo wasn’t stupid; she knew exactly what she was doing, and the worst part? She was enjoying it.

Finally, after what felt like hours, practice wrapped up. The rest of the dancers filtered out, but Jiwoo hung back, throwing one last smirk over her shoulder before leaving. The second she was gone, I could breathe again, but the weight of Y/N’s silence loomed over me.

The room was empty except for me, Y/N, and the ITZY girls. I didn’t waste time. I walked over to Y/N, wrapping my arms around her from behind, pulling her close. She didn’t resist, but she didn’t fully relax into me either.

Yuna plopped down on the floor, Lia and Chaeryeong following suit, while Yeji stretched near the mirrors.

Lia gave me a teasing grin. “Ryujin, you’ve been so secretive about your solo. Come on, show us!”

I stiffened. My solo wasn’t just my solo—it was *our* solo, mine and Y/N’s. And the choreography? It wasn’t exactly… innocent. I glanced at Y/N, who looked back at me, her eyes filled with worry.

“Yeah, show us!” Yuna chimed in, practically bouncing with excitement.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. “Alright, but just so you know… it’s not just me.”

The girls blinked, confused. “What do you mean?” Yeji asked, raising an eyebrow.

I took a deep breath. “Y/N’s in it too. We’re doing it together.”

There was a beat of silence as the girls exchanged looks of surprise. Y/N stood up slowly, clearly nervous, but I reached for her hand, squeezing it briefly before stepping into position.

The second the music started, it was like everything else disappeared. We fell into the routine, our bodies moving as one. The choreography was intense, each move sharp yet fluid, with an undeniable heat that simmered between us. Every touch, every glance, was filled with the chemistry that had always been there, growing stronger with each step.

I pulled Y/N close, my hand sliding down her waist as we hit the more suggestive parts of the routine. The room felt charged, the girls’ eyes on us, but I didn’t care. All that mattered was Y/N and the way we moved together, like we were made for this.

When the music stopped, we stood there, catching our breath. The room was dead silent for a moment before Lia let out a low whistle.

“Wow,” she said, her voice full of awe. “That was… intense.”

Chaeryeong nodded, her eyes wide. “You two have… insane chemistry.”

Yeji crossed her arms, looking thoughtful. “It’s great, but… aren’t you worried? Fans might start rumors.”

Y/N and I exchanged a quick glance before I stepped forward, trying to sound nonchalant. “We’ve been careful. It’s just a performance.”

Yuna grinned, ever the optimist. “Well, it’s a hot performance. People are gonna eat it up.”

The girls didn’t press any further, but I could see the concern in their eyes. They were looking out for us, but I knew there was only so much we could control. The chemistry between Y/N and me was real, and no amount of pretending was going to hide that.

---

When we finally got home, Y/N was quiet, her silence thick with unsaid words. I knew the day had been draining for her. Between Jiwoo’s constant flirting and the performance, it had been a lot.

As soon as we stepped inside, I pulled her into my arms, resting my chin on her shoulder. “You okay?”

She sighed, leaning into me. “I hated watching Jiwoo all over you today.”

I turned her in my arms, pressing my forehead to hers. “I know. I hated it too. She doesn’t matter, Y/N.”

Her hands rested on my chest, but she didn’t look convinced. “It’s hard not to say anything. Hard to just watch.”

I kissed her gently, my lips brushing against hers. “You don’t need to say anything. You’re the one I love. Always.”

Her body relaxed against mine, her fingers threading through my hair. “I know… It’s just, I can’t stand the thought of someone else trying to get between us.”

I tightened my grip around her, my lips ghosting over her ear. “No one’s coming between us. You’re mine, jagi. Always.”

She melted into my arms, her breath soft against my neck as she whispered, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I murmured back, holding her close, knowing that no matter what, I’d protect this—protect us