IXIA

Next day I went to the coffee shop in the morning and started working. There were not many customers, so me and Amanda, another part-timer working the morning shift, were handling all the counters.

"I'm glad there are not many customers today. You know, the other day, the morning was so hectic that we didn't even have time to pee." Amanda complained while scrubbing the table.

I chuckled, "I'm glad I do the evening shift."

"Lucky girl" She sarcastically said, and we both started laughing.

She was a very sweet and social girl. She made everyone comfortable with her.

She told me that she have been working here for like a year and she have noticed that Alice had helped a lot of students by letting them work in her stores by paying them more salary for less working hours and also gave them paid vacations. paid vacation for part-timers in a cafe?? mygod.

"I knew she was an angel!" I said while squealing.

We were interrupted when we heard someone coming in from the back door.

I turned around to see Kenji.

"Hey Kenji!" I greeted him, and he looked.. shocked?

"Oh hi hey!" He then tripped on something and almost fell on his face, but worry not I saved him and his beautiful scrumbdelicious face.

"You okay?" I asked.

His ears and neck turned bright red, and he immediately stood up straight, thanked me, and walked away.

"TELL ME IF YOU GOT HURT YEAH?" I shouted at him from behind, and he just nodded in response. cute.

I turned around to see Amanda with an open mouth.

"What? Close your mouth, I saw a mosquito flying around." I joked. or did I?

"Are you guys friends?" She closed her mouth and then asked me.

"Not really." I replied simply. We've just met like three times, okay first time I just saw him from afar but whatever, and we've just talked like twice and I don't even wanna remember our first meeting. It was so embarrassing!!

Wait, did he read what I was writing?

Man, I completely forgot about that because of that old lady.

What if he did? What if he thinks I'm a wierdo who writes fanfics about two anime guys?! I mean, I do write fanfics about two anime guys, but he doesn't need to know that!

Ugh, how I wish I could just evaporate into thin air.

"Huh, for real?" Amanda asked me still looking shocked.

I was bought back to reality when I heard her voice.

"Yeah, I just met him the other day. We work the evening shift together."

"Oowh" she made the O shape with her mouth.

"Why tho?" I was kinda curious as to why it was such a big deal. Okay, maybe he was just an introvert who didn't socialize much, but I didn't think it was that much of a big deal.

"Well, to tell you the truth, this was the first time I've ever actually like heard his voice. He has never talked to any other part-timers here, I mean as far as I know, he was never rude to anyone and well, he was one of the popular students in high school. I didn't go to the same high school with him but my friend who went there told me about him and said that even tho he was popular he always stayed alone and just spent time in the library."

"Doesn't that mean he was a loner?"

"Maybe for other people, yeah. But the girls called him the "Mysterious boy", because according to them he had this mysterious aura surrounding him and since he had the face of a kpop idol, like Jungkook, it was what made him popular in high school" she explained.
I nodded.

Well, I could totally see the handsome like Jungkook part because DAYUM!! He must have saved a country in his past life to acquire that face.

But first, right now, I needed to find out whether he saw what I was writing or not.

author's note

I've been wondering when to write Kenji's pov but I think there's still some time for it. Idrk🧍‍♀️

Anyways what do we think about this chapter??

Does he seem like a loser?😭😭

Anyways~
Stay healthy!

Love y'all~<33