CHAPTER 16

Mingyu sits in his office, papers and files spread across his desk as he tries to focus on the company reports. His thoughts, however, keep wandering to the argument he had with Wonwoo the previous night.

He glances at his watch, realizing that his father will be coming by any moment. He takes a deep breath and attempts to push aside his personal problems for the moment, knowing he needs to be professional.

Just as Mingyu predicted, his father arrives at the office a few minutes later. He strides in and takes a seat across from Mingyu's desk, a stern expression on his face.

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, dad." A brief moment of silence passes as they both look at each other, neither one wanting to initiate the conversation they know needs to happen.

"Mr. Jeon said he will help us for our company." Mingyu's eyes widen at the unexpected mention of Wonwoo's father. He isn't sure he heard correctly.

"What do you mean, dad? What has Wonwoo's father got to do with our company?" Mingyu sits there for a moment, trying to process what his father just said. The thought of having Wonwoo's father involved in the business makes him uncomfortable, especially considering their current situation at home.

"Why do you need Wonwoo's father's help all of a sudden? We've been handling things just fine on our own." His father leans back in his chair and steeples his fingers together, looking directly at Mingyu.

"Wonwoo's father has been making great waves in the company world. Having his expertise and connections onboard will benefit us tremendously." Mingyu clenches his jaw, feeling a pang of unease at the idea of Wonwoo's father having such close ties to the company now.

His father continues, oblivious to Mingyu's discomfort.

"Your relationship with Wonwoo, of course, doesn't hurt us either. His father seems rather fond of you, which will only make things easier." A hint of annoyance flashes across Mingyu's face at his father's words. He doesn't like the way his father talks about his relationship with Wonwoo as if it's just some business tool.

Mingyu remains silent for a moment, his mind racing. The more he thinks about it, the more he feels like this is a bad idea.

"I just... I don't know about this, Father. It feels like this is crossing a line." His father simply dismisses his concerns with a wave of his hand.

"Nonsense. It's just business, son. We need to use every advantage we have at our disposal." Mingyu bites his tongue, knowing it's useless to argue with his father. He feels a mix of frustration and helplessness, but there's not much he can do about it.

The conversation turns to more business-related discussions, and Mingyu's mind starts wandering again. He can't shake the feeling that this decision will end badly for him, and for Wonwoo as well.

As the meeting goes on, Mingyu's thoughts keep drifting back to Wonwoo. He wonders how he's doing at home, if he's still angry, if he even misses Mingyu at all.

His father's voice snaps him out of his reverie, and he focuses back on the matter at hand. He goes through the motions, nodding and agreeing when necessary, but his mind is clearly elsewhere the whole time.

"mingyu? Is everything alright? Are you listening?" Mingyu jolts slightly, realizing that he had spaced out again. He looks up at his father and gives a quick nod.

"Yes, sorry... I didn't mean to zone out there. Just a bit distracted, that's all." His father gives him a skeptical look, clearly not fully buying Mingyu's excuse. But he doesn't press the issue further.

"Is this about Wonwoo?" *Mingyu hesitates for a moment before nodding slightly.

"Yeah... we had a fight last night. It's just... been weighing on my mind, that's all." His father leans back in his chair and sighs, a hint of sympathy on his face.