2.8

"Wouldn't it be amazing if we could deliver hope to everyone around the world ?"

Inosuke-kun! Wait up!"

You frantically yelled at the slowly disappearing Inosuke from the tiny tunnel.

How the hell did the situation get like this?

***

"Nyahahaha! I'm getting a really good feel for the demon's presence." Inosuke laughs as he sprints through the hall. You were following his sense of direction to get to the demon. You didn't feel less awkward as you see girls running away from the mad boar.

"We're so sorry." You mutter to yourself, not having the courage to talk to them.

Soon, Inosuke discovered a tunnel beneath the hallway. "Found you!"

"Whoa, it's really a tunnel to a demon's nest, huh- Inosuke-kun!" You were cut off by him putting his head through the tiny and tight space, you thought he couldn't fit through it, but he proved you wrong when he started dislocating his limbs.

"I can go anywhere my head fits!" He proudly exclaimed before looking at you one last time, "You're small enough to fit through here, right? Let's race! I'll get a head start, see ya! Nyahaha!"

***

...And that's how you got yourself in this situation. Mouth wide and panicking mind but keeping a calm demeanor for the sake of keeping your sanity. He left you behind while he gets to the demon's nest. You couldn't possibly fit through the tight space even though you are petite, you will still get stuck there and you do not want that to happen.

'Just thinking about it gives me the creeps...'

"Inosuke-kun, I can't go there through this tiny hole! Inosuke-kun!" You called once more before looking up to see the girls from earlier staring at you... strangely.

"..."

Looks like you'll have to find yourself another way to get there.

You awkwardly bow and quickly sprinted outside. Swiftly climbing up onto the roof, you started to run in a direction your instinct told you.

'The demon might be outside now that it's dark outside.' Your eyes scan the area for anything suspicious. 'I wonder where Tan-nii is...' Your feet continue to move but halted when you suddenly feel yourself not touching the ground anymore.

"?!"

"You might get yourself abducted if you don't focus on your surroundings, Little Kamado."

"Uzui-san?!"

Flabbergasted at his sudden appearance, you flail around his arm as he carries you with his left arm beside his waist. 'When did he get here?? Why didn't I sense him?? I didn't even hear him approaching... Uzui-san is amazing.' After a moment of panic, you just settle down like a brick.