three

Mikha and Aiah sat together in the music room, the electric guitar resting between them. They had been brainstorming for a while, trying to come up with ideas for their solo performances.

Mikha broke the silence, her eyes lighting up with excitement. "You know, I've always wanted to do something anime-themed for a performance. You know I looooove anime."

Aiah's eyes sparkled with interest. "Anime, huh? Yeah, you do. But what if we add a twist to it? Like, imagine you as a rockstar, playing the electric guitar. It would be nice!"

Mikha hesitated, looking at the guitar doubtfully. "I can't do that, though. From listening to your idea pa lang, it sounds really hard na."

Aiah scooted closer, placing a reassuring hand on Mikha's arm. "You can do it. Sus, Mikhs, ikaw pa! Look, Think of the Arctic Monkeys.... Do I Wanna Know? 'di ba, you like that? That's really nice."

Mikha tilted her head, considering it. "Hmm, that's a good one. Or maybe something from Panic! at the Disco."

Aiah's eyes lit up. "Yes! 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies' would be so fun. And don't forget The 1975—they're really good rin."

Mikha chuckled. "True, 'Love It If We Made It' is one of my favorites. But what about OPM? Rivermaya, Mayonnaise, or Eraserheads?"

Aiah laughed and teased her, "Kaso mahihirapan ka kasi Tagalog."

Mikha burst into laughter, nudging Aiah playfully. "Wow! Parang ang galing mo mag-Tagalog ah!"

They both laughed, enjoying the playful banter. Mikha then continued, "But honestly, I think Paramore fits me best. Their music just resonates with me."

Aiah nodded enthusiastically. "Exactly! You'd nail it. Picture yourself playing 'That's What You Get' or 'Misery Business.' The crowd would go wild!"

Mikha smiled, feeling a surge of confidence. "Okay, I'll give it a try. I could pitch that to Coach tomorrow."

Aiah beamed, happy to see Mikha excited. "That's the spirit!"

Mikha then turned the conversation towards Aiah. "What about you? Any ideas?"

Aiah pondered for a moment. "I want a performance that lifts my womanhood, something that empowers women. You know me, that would be really nice.."

Mikha's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "Yeah, that sounds so you. What about SZA?"

Aiah's face lit up. "Yeah, 'Good Days' is so beautiful. Or Olivia Rodrigo—'Drivers License' is so emotional. Kaso, baka umiyak ako."

Mikha laughed. "That's a great choice, though. But what about Taylor Swift? 'The Man' would be perfect for you. Or, I don't know. You're on your own, kid is nice too."

Aiah smiled. "I love that idea! OR maybe something from Ariana Grande or Katy Perry? I don't know."

Mikha nodded. "Yes! 'God is a Woman' or 'Roar.' Both are powerful songs."

Aiah then thought for a moment and her eyes widened with excitement. "What about 'Woman' by Doja Cat? It's bold, confident, and sends a strong message."

Mikha nodded eagerly. "I think that would be amazing. You'd absolutely kill it with that song. I know you'll do so good. That would be really slay."

Aiah grinned. "Thanks, Mikha. And you as a rockstar would be hot."

Mikha blushed slightly, her heart skipping a beat. "You think I'm hot?"

Aiah rolled her eyes playfully. "The fans think you're hot."

They both laughed, the lighthearted moment easing the tension. As they continued to brainstorm, their excitement grew. Mikha imagined herself on stage, channeling the energy of her favorite anime characters and the fierce spirit of Paramore. Aiah envisioned herself delivering a powerful and empowering performance that celebrated womanhood and strength.