five

Mikha checked the time on her phone, anxiety mounting with each passing second. She replayed the events of the morning in her mind, wondering if she had missed any signs that Aiah wasn't feeling well. Her heart pounded, each beat echoing her growing worry. She stood up and paced around the studio, the emptiness and silence pressing down on her, making the space feel overwhelming without Aiah's presence and infectious energy.

Every few seconds, she glanced at the door, hoping to see Aiah walk in with her usual bright smile. But each time, she was met with nothing but stillness. Desperate for distraction, Mikha scrolled through her messages, but each one from the group chat only reminded her that she was alone, waiting and worrying.

Minutes felt like hours as she tapped her fingers against the floor, trying to calm herself with deep breaths. The studio's silence, once comforting, now felt oppressive. She replayed their earlier conversation, Aiah's reassurances that she was fine echoing in her mind. Was she really fine? Mikha couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Her hands trembling with worry, Mikha started calling the other girls. Each unanswered ring made her anxiety grow. "Please, someone answer," she whispered, her voice breaking. But no one picked up. Panic set in, and tears blurred her vision. She felt utterly helpless, sinking to the floor, her sobs echoing in the empty studio.

Just as she was about to lose hope, the door creaked open. Mikha looked up, her vision still blurred by tears, and her heart leapt into her throat as she saw Aiah standing there with a big smile and two cups of coffee in her hands.

Aiah's smile dropped when she saw Mikha crying in the corner. She quickly set the coffees down and rushed over. "Hey, oh my God. What's wrong?" she asked, her voice full of concern.

"Where have you been?!" Mikha's voice trembled with a mix of relief and frustration. "I was so worried."

Aiah knelt beside her, her eyes softening. "Awww, Mikha, you cried kasi nawala ako? You're so cute," she said, trying to lighten the mood.

"It's not cute! It's not funny! I was so worried," Mikha insisted, her voice shaky.

Aiah chuckled softly, unable to resist teasing her. "Ang cute cute naman ng Mikha Lim na yan. Halika nga dito, kiss kita."

Mikha managed a small, soft smile through her tears. "Kadiri ka, Ate Aiah."

Aiah stood up, grabbed some tissues from the table, and returned to Mikha. She gently wiped away Mikha's tears. "I'm sorry, Mikha. I didn't mean to scare you," she said, her eyes filled with genuine regret. "You're so cute when you're worried."

Mikha's heart pounded in her chest, her breath hitching at how close Aiah was. The concern and warmth in Aiah's eyes made her feel a rush of emotions she couldn't quite control.

Aiah smiled softly as she continued to wipe Mikha's tears. "I just got us some coffee. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you. Bigla ko lang naalala habang nasa CR yung utang ko sayong coffee. I wanted to surprise you."

Mikha took a deep breath, her tears finally slowing down. "It's okay, Ate Aiah. Thank you," she said, her voice still shaky but full of gratitude.

Aiah handed Mikha one of the coffees and sat down beside her, their shoulders brushing. "I promise, next time I'll let you know," she said, her smile returning. "I didn't mean to worry you."

Mikha took a sip of her coffee, feeling the warmth spread through her. The moment was simple, yet profound. Despite the worry and fear, there was a sense of relief and a deepening bond between them.

For Aiah, seeing Mikha so worried and then so relieved made her heart swell. She cherished their friendship deeply and couldn't help but admire Mikha's caring nature. The way Mikha had cried for her, worried for her, made Aiah feel incredibly special and valued.