Chapter 14

Three months had passed. Sam was still living the single life. Penelope was in school. She was adjusting well to it. Every day Sam would make sure Penelope was logged on with her teachers before he left. Then Emily would come and help her while Sam was gone. Emily and Travis were so excited. In two days they were finding out the gender of the baby. Travis was still convinced it was a boy. They even had a name picked out Greyson William Hunter. Sam and Penelope were in their hotel room.

"Daddy I want to buy a toy." Penelope said.
"You'll be getting lots of toys for your birthday in two weeks."

"It's not for me."

"Who is it for then?"

"Emily's baby." "I want to buy it a toy."

"You do?"

"Yeah." "Babies need toys to."

"That's very nice of you." "I'll tell you what."

"After you finish your homework, we'll go to a toy store and I'll let you pick something."

"Thank you."

Later that night there was a knock on Sam's hotel room door. It was Emily. She was going to watch Penelope for Sam while he went out skating. Emily had a little baby bump.

"Hi Emily." He said.

"Hi."

"I won't be but a few hours."

"It's ok." "Take your time." "I have nothing better to do."

"Penelope I'm leaving." Penelope came out of her room and hugged Sam.

"Have fun daddy." She said.

"I will."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Emily sat on the couch.

"I have a surprise for you Emily." Penelope said.

"You do?"

"It's for the baby." "Close your eyes." She did. A few seconds passed. "Ok open." Emily opened her eyes. Penelope was holding a teddy bear. "Do you think the baby will like it?"

"The baby will love it." She took the teddy bear. "That's so sweet of you." She felt the baby kicking. "Penelope come here." Penelope sat next to her on the couch. She put Penelope's hand on her stomach.

"Something's moving."

"That's the baby." "It's kicking." "It's saying hi."
"Oh." "That's neat."

Two days later Emily and Travis were at the doctor. She was hooked the machine.

"I can see what it is." The doctor said. "Ready to know?"

"Yes." They both said.

"It's a boy."

"I knew it." Travis said. "I told you."

"You did." Emily said happily.

He kissed her forehead. "I love you."
"I love you too."

"Now all we have to do is wait for Greyson to come."