Chapter 39

Sam had just woken up. He'd only gotten about four hours of sleep last night. He was to busy thinking about things like this.

Flashback

Priscilla was in the shower. Her phone had been vibrating. It fell off the coffee table. When John picked it up he saw all these texts from a man named Zachary, saying how much he missed her, saying how he couldn't wait to make love to her again. Sam was shocked and completely blown away.

Priscilla came downstairs five minutes later.

"Hi." Priscilla said.

"Priscilla what the hell is this?" He threw her phone at her. She caught it and looked at what he saw. "Sam."

"All those times you said you were with Miles you were with him weren't you?"

"Yes."

"Those flowers you got with no card in them were from him to we're they?"

"Yes."

"How long?"

"Two months."

"Unbelievable." "Do you love him?"

"No." "I love you Sam." "I'll break it off with him." "I swear."

"Get out."

End Of Flashback

Now Sam was worried it was happening all over again.

Emily hadn't gotten much sleep the night before either. She was up having coffee hoping Sam would walk through the door. Penelope came out of her room.

"Morning Emily." Penelope said.

"Morning." "Want some breakfast?"

"Yeah." "Where's daddy?"

"He had to leave early today." "After breakfast I'm gonna drop you off with Mercedes." "I have something to do."

After Emily dropped Penelope off with Mercedes, she went to Austin's room and knocked on the door. He answered.

"Hi Austin" She said.

"Hi Emily."

"Have you talked to Sam?"

"Yeah."

"Is he here?"

"You just missed him." "He got your text earlier and said he was going to pick up Penelope." "He told me what happened." "He thinks you're cheating on him."

"He thinks what?"

"You've got to understand." "This is exactly how it started when Priscilla was cheating on him."

"I'm not cheating on him."

"I didn't think you were." "It doesn't matter what I think." "Sam thinks you are."

"Great, just great." "If you talk to him again tell him to call me."

About ten minutes later Emily got a text. It was from Sam. It read.

I'd appreciate it if you stayed with Britt for the next few states. I need time to think. - Sam

When she got back to the room her stuff was packed and outside.

They went to the next state. While they were at the arena Sam didn't bring Penelope to the make-up table that night.

After the show Sam was putting Penelope to bed.

"Daddy is Emily moving out?" Penelope asked.

"I don't know."

"I don't want her to leave." "I love her." "She's not my mommy but she's like a mommy."

"Go to sleep." "I love you."

"I love you too."

Emily was in Britt's room. Britt sat down on the couch next to her.

"How are you doing?" Britt asked.

"Bad." "I lied to Sam and that was wrong?" "I get that he has some hang-ups because of what happened with Priscilla but I don't deserve to be treated this way. "I didn't do anything." She started to cry. "I would never cheat on Sam." She said through her tears. "I love him and I love Penelope like she's my own daughter." She sniffled.

"I know."

"Now it might all be over because of something that never even happened."