Beginnings And Ends

The Wedding:

“You’ve lost weight again Ames.” I moaned as I zipped the dress up on her and she sighed.

“It’s the chemotherapy, I don’t get why they even bother with it. I’m just getting weaker and weaker. Will you do something for me when I go?” she explained and I nodded. “Will you make amends with your mum, she really wants to sort things out and I know your blocking her calls. Also Edward and I have discussed it and will you think about perhaps adopting Codi? Edward doesn’t want the reminder of me around forever.” She explained and I had to turn to go and sit down as I started feeling light-headed.

“Right. The Codi thing I will definitely think but I’ll have to talk to Harry about it but I don’t know whether I’m ready to talk to my mum yet. Give it time and maybe I will.” I informed and she smiled.

“That’s all I ask!” she announced as Codi came running into the room with her dress in her arms. “Hello sweetheart, shall we put your dress on now?” she greeted her and Codi nodded enthusiastically so we set to work getting her ready.

“Are we all ready?” I asked half an hour later at the church.

“I think so, thank you so much for all of this Scarlett. I love this dress, I just know your shop is going to do tremendously with all of your designs in there.” Amy explained and I nodded signalling to the vicar and walked down the aisle with Codi and Amy stood with her dad.

20 Minutes Later:

“I do!” Amy exclaimed to signal the ending of the wedding ceremony and moments later we were all walking out of the registry office and heading back to my house for a cup of tea so Amy could rest whilst Codi was being looked after.

“Scar, I’m going to take Codi upstairs and let her have a nap okay. I’ll be back in a minute.” Harry explained when we got back and I nodded smiling. He really is good with her; maybe adopting her wouldn’t be so bad, I’d still have a part of Amy in my life and she does trust me and it wouldn’t be too much of an upheaval for her. I’ll discuss it with Harry later. “I’m back, did you miss me?” Harry announced slipping his hands around my waist.

“Always, did she get off alright?” I teased and he nodded as I turned around in his grip.

“OH MY GOD AMY!” Harry suddenly screamed and as I turned around it felt as though it was in slow motion as I saw her lifeless body laid on the floor with Edward kneeled besides her sobbing. “Scarlett darling, you need to call an ambulance while we get her comfortable.” Harry informed me.

“She’s gone Harry. You phone them, I need to be with her.” I told him and he nodded as I passed him my phone. I then walked over to Amy and kneeled the opposite of her to Edward and held her hand smoothing her hair back.

“Scarlett, they’re here!” Harry announced as the paramedics ran in ready to deal with Amy.

“What’s her name?” one of them asked looking at Edward.

“Amy Cooper, she’s my wife.” Edward informed them and they nodded and set to work on removing her body from my living room.

“Harry, go and get Codi. That’s the last time she’s going to see her mother.” I ordered and he ran upstairs coming a moment later with Codi on his hip. As he set her down I bent down so I could explain what had happened. “Codi sweetie, do you remember what mummy told you about her going away for a long time?” I asked and she nodded. “She’s leaving today so do you want to stay with me and Harry or with Edward?” I queried and she pointed at me and I nodded. “Okay darling, we’ll go and get some stuff later.” I explained and she gripped onto my hand as she watched the paramedics take Amy’s body away.

“Scar, do you want me to look after Codi so you can go with Edward or do you want me to go?” Harry asked putting an arm around my shoulders and I looked up at him and saw how affected even he was by all of this.

“I don’t want anyone to go, there is nothing we can do so what’s the point. I just want to stay at home with you and Codi and Edward and think about anything but the fact that my best friend just died in my own house.” I explained and he nodded before kissing the top of my head.

“Who did Amy want to have Codi permanently?” Harry asked sensitively and I sighed.

“Us actually, I was going to talk to you tonight about it. What do you think?” I informed him and a smile spread across him lips.