Chapter 4 | Tales of History, Trauma

The world itself remembers—the war that eclipsed all others in its sheer chaos and devastation—the Ragnarok, the Great Tenma War which unfolded a thousand years ago, around six hundred years after the birth of the Myriad Dragon. This conflict marked an era where the worlds long separated by cosmic design converged and aligned.

It was a truly golden and bloody era when humanity was at its strongest—Immortal men, bearing flesh but harboring souls that defied time's grasp, strode across the earth like titans of old, challenging the very structure of the food chain.

It began with the rupture of space-time, creating fissures that bridged the once impenetrable divide between our world and the Seal World beyond. Through these rifts spilled forth a tide of countless unfathomable horrors: phantoms, insectars with malevolent territorial ambitions, and the mindless cryptids whose very existence defied natural law.

Yet, the greatest terror emerged from the heavens itself—the angels, revered as divine messengers, now bore the mantle of harbingers of doom to deliver judgement. With them came their legions, millions upon millions of winged beings descending upon mortal lands with a wrathful fury that shattered countries and laid waste to civilizations millennia in the making.

The skies, once serene and hopeful, darkened with the smoke of burning cities and the stench of corpses from constant battles. Spanning hundreds of years and across all continents, the Ragnarok caused every kingdom to tremble as the forces of forceful chaos and twisted order clashed. Rivers ran red with the blood of mortals and immortals alike, as alliances forged in desperation fought against the relentless onslaught.

It was pure chaos back then, Morax thought as he watched the lingering sentiments of that chaotic era through the anxious golden eyes of the little boy in front of him, who barely reached half his height—Rimuru Tempest. Strange, he thought, why am I seeing that war in the eyes of a slime?

The Great Tenma Wars were caused by the powers of the Hero of the Beginning, but even then, it was an unthinkable coincidence that the alignment of worlds converged at the same time the angels descended. Not even that man or that dreaded demon lord could've seen that coming, Morax thought.

Rimuru in front of him tensed and stiffened, his hands shaking and his lips trembling. It seems Rimuru had just realized who he was.

Although Morax was called the dragon of void and fate when he was born, his embodied concept was actually none of the two, but something else. The speculation of his powers centering around the aforementioned two concepts was just a widespread misunderstanding caused by his choice of approach in battle.

In the modern era, however, he is simply known among the humans as the Myriad Dragon, the dragon of rebirth. He's the first dragon to have interchanging reputations regarding his powers since he's so secretive about it, even to his family. In a way, his prefix of Myriad really suited his character.

And now, Morax can sense an upcoming change to the world through the eyes of the supposedly insignificant being in front of him. Whether it was a good or bad kind of change, only time will tell. The world was on the brink of another great war, and it seemed very plausible to Morax that the one coming will be much bloodier than the last one that took place five hundred years ago.

It can't be as deadly as Ragnarok, though, can it? He pondered, a curious smile widening his lips. Despite the lengthy time he spent lost in thoughts, only a second passed in the real world. A flicker of interest shined through the iridescence of Morax's piercingly sharp gaze.

Rimuru, meanwhile, was not as amused. The voice in his head rang like endless doorbells, warning him of the danger the handsome man before him posed, who was capable of effortlessly incapacitating Hinata Sakaguchi. Countless warnings echoed in his head, but even so, he can't bring himself to stray away from those bright amber eyes that can only be described as ineffable.