Chapter 6 | Clash

"Well played," Morax muttered as he eyed the evolving Rimuru. It was extremely reckless to trust the words of a noble elf from a distant land about a fairy tale, but the tale itself held truth since it was based off of historical act.

Many tales are also based on such history, and among them was even about Velmorax, the Myriad Dragon, which was also based on a true story.

Committing a mass slaughter to the invading armies of Falmuth and the Western Church, then using all the gathered souls of the thousands of deceased to evolve himself into a demon lord and subsequently resurrect the dead.

How sly... yet, fascinating, Morax thought. But that's not what interested him most. The revival of the dead, the evolution to a demon lord, and even Rimuru's acquisition of an ultimate skill was of little significance to Morax, but rather—it was the demon who the slime summoned as a guard that piqued his interest.

"The Primal Black, Noir... how long has it been since you've acted on the world?" Morax smiled. The primordial black was a notorious demon, even to Testarossa. Anyways, it had been a few days since his slight talk with Luminous and Rimuru's harvest festival, and the latter is still sound asleep after spending all his energy on his followers' resurrection.

He didn't mention anything to Luminous but judging from the way she acted, she didn't have a clue nor did she have a care on what her followers and believers were doing. But something about Luminous gave Morax some odd feeling—like she knows what's happened but rather deemed it a necessary thing.

The image of a certain and powerful human hero wearing a mask flashed in his mind.

Chronoa... nah, it can't be, right? The demon's weird obsession over Rimuru, the odd mysteriousness of Rimuru himself, the ties of that certain mask to Rimuru, Chronoa's ties to Veldora, Veldora's ties to Rimuru, Luminous' weird atmosphere... in the end, it all boiled down to Rimuru.

As he was pondering things just above the capital of Tempest, he recalled a certain memory when he had a little talk time with Luminous over tea.

"That Milim though, she declared war with Demon Lord Carrion and his entire kingdom. I honestly can't comprehend what's going on over her head but I'm positively certain that Clayman's involved in it somehow..."

Milim... Morax just recalled the name. She was the only child of his oldest brother—Veldanava, the Stellar Dragon as well as the most extraordinary of the dragon race. Milim was an ancient demon lord and the niece of Morax, but she was a few centuries older than him.

She'd never met him, and he'd never met her. Even though both Velmorax and Milim Nava were very active on the Age of Ragnarok a thousand years ago, slaughtering everything that opposed them, they never had the chance to even see each other. Or maybe they did and they just failed to recognize one another.

But I'd recognize a dragon's factor if I see it... Morax reasoned.

He looked down below on the bustling city of Tempest, still busy with rejuvenation, repair, and treatment, but nevertheless, everyone had a smile on their faces. The awakening of their master was imminent, and their fate on him grew stronger by the day. About damn time...

Just as he said that, a powerful aura erupted in the east. It was immense and explosive, especially bright and rich of magicules even. "That's my cue," Morax muttered as he flew through the air at high speeds.

.........

......

...

The Demon Lord Carrion found himself in shocking disbelief. He's heard tales of the dragon princess before, and how she's slaughtered countless majin and demon lords alike with her own hands.