Prologue

Hannah's heart raced in her chest as she glanced around the dimly lit room, her hands trembling with fear and uncertainty. Nicholas Steele, the man she once thought was her knight in shining armor, stood before her, his eyes cold and calculating.

"Hannah, where do you think you're going?" he growled, his voice dripping with malice.

"I-I..." she stammered, unable to find the words to defend herself. Freya, her loyal best friend, watched from the corner with worry etched on her face.

"Nicholas, please, just let her go," she pleaded, her voice trembling with emotion.
Nicholas's laugh echoed through the room like a sinister melody.

"You think you can just walk away from me, Hannah? You belong to me!" he roared, his fists clenched at his sides. "I own you!"

But Hannah had had enough. With a newfound sense of strength, she looked Nicholas straight in the eye and said, "No more. I won't be your puppet any longer." And with that, she turned on her heel and walked out the door, leaving Nicholas stunned and powerless.

As she stepped out into the cool night air, the weight of Nicholas's control lifted from her shoulders, and for the first time in a long time, she felt free. Freya joined her, wrapping her in a warm embrace.

"You did it, Hannah," she whispered, tears of joy in her eyes.

And as they walked away from the darkness of Nicholas Steele's hold, Hannah knew that she was finally on the path to finding true love and self-empowerment.