CHAPTER 4

**Freya’s POV**

Freya watched Hannah settle into her new life with a mixture of pride and relief. The transformation in her friend was remarkable; gone was the timid, anxious woman who had escaped Nicholas’s clutches. In her place stood a confident, determined individual, ready to embrace whatever the future held.

Freya’s own life had been filled with its share of ups and downs, but seeing Hannah’s journey gave her a renewed sense of purpose. She threw herself into supporting her friend, helping her prepare for work, listening when she needed to talk, and sharing in her triumphs.

One evening, after a long day at her own job, Freya returned to the apartment to find Hannah in the kitchen, a delicious aroma wafting through the air.

“What’s cooking?” Freya asked, peeking over Hannah’s shoulder.

Hannah smiled. “Just trying out a new recipe. I thought we could celebrate my first week at the new job.”

Freya’s heart swelled with happiness. “That sounds perfect. You’re doing amazing, Hannah.”

As they sat down to eat, Freya couldn’t help but reflect on their journey. It hadn’t been easy, but they had faced every challenge together. Now, she felt a sense of contentment knowing that Hannah was finally finding her own path.

**Crystal’s POV**

Crystal Steele sat in her office, her fingers drumming impatiently on her desk. As Nicholas’s sister, she had always been aware of her brother’s darker tendencies, but she had never intervened. It wasn’t until she heard from mutual acquaintances about Hannah’s escape that she realized the full extent of Nicholas’s cruelty.

Crystal had spent her career building a successful law practice, and she had no intention of letting her brother’s actions tarnish her reputation. Determined to make amends for her silence, she decided to reach out to Hannah and offer her help.

She picked up her phone and dialed a number she had obtained from a private investigator.

“Hello, Freya? This is Crystal Steele. I was hoping we could talk.”

There was a pause on the other end of the line. “Crystal? What do you want?”

“I want to make things right,” Crystal said, her voice steady. “I know what Nicholas did was unforgivable, and I’m willing to do whatever it takes to help Hannah. Can we meet?”

Freya hesitated. “I’ll have to talk to Hannah first. She’s been through a lot.”

“Of course,” Crystal replied. “Take your time. I’m here whenever you’re ready.”

After hanging up, Crystal felt a sense of resolve. She had always been a firm believer in justice, and this was her chance to right a wrong. She only hoped that Hannah would be willing to hear her out.

**Freya’s POV**

Freya ended the call and turned to Hannah, who was watching her curiously.

“That was Crystal Steele,” Freya said slowly. “Nicholas’s sister. She wants to meet with us.”

Hannah’s eyes widened. “Why?”

“She says she wants to help. She sounded sincere.”

Hannah thought for a moment, then nodded. “Okay. Let’s hear what she has to say.”

The next day, Freya and Hannah met Crystal at a small café downtown. Crystal was already seated, her expression one of genuine concern. As they approached, she stood and extended her hand.

“Hannah, Freya, thank you for meeting with me,” she said. “I know I don’t deserve your trust, but I want to help.”

Hannah shook her hand cautiously. “Why now?”

Crystal sighed. “I should have done something sooner. I’ve known about Nicholas’s behavior for a long time, but I never thought it would go this far. I want to help you in any way I can, whether it’s legal support, financial assistance, or simply being there for you.”

Hannah looked at Freya, who nodded encouragingly. “Okay,” Hannah said. “I’m willing to give you a chance.”

Crystal’s face lit up with relief. “Thank you, Hannah. I promise I won’t let you down.”

As they sat down to talk, Freya felt a sense of cautious optimism. Crystal’s involvement could be a turning point, offering Hannah the support she needed to fully break free from her past.

The conversation continued, and Freya observed Crystal closely. She seemed sincere, and her knowledge and resources could prove invaluable. For the first time, Freya felt that they might have an ally in the Steele family.

As they parted ways, Crystal handed Hannah a card. “Call me anytime, for anything,” she said.

Hannah nodded, slipping the card into her bag. “Thank you, Crystal.”

Freya watched her friend closely, sensing the mix of emotions Hannah was experiencing. But she also saw the strength and determination in her eyes.

They walked back to the apartment in silence, each lost in their thoughts. Freya knew that the road ahead would still have its challenges, but with Crystal’s support, they had a new ally. And together, they would face whatever came next.