Chapter IV : Shi

The next morning, Dynasty and Quest woke up with renewed energy. They had decided that, for now, it was best to put Custom out of their minds and try to return to some semblance of normalcy.

"Maybe we need a break," Quest suggested over breakfast. "All this stuff about Custom is making us paranoid. Remember how you used to spend hours painting? That always seemed to help you clear your mind."

Dynasty looked thoughtful. "Yeah, it's been a while since I picked up a brush. I used to paint under the name Shi. I guess I kind of let it go after everything got crazy."

Quest's eyes widened. "Wait, you're Shi? The famous artist? Dude, why didn't you ever tell me?"

Dynasty shrugged, a small smile playing on his lips. "I didn't want the attention. I just wanted to create without all the noise."

Quest nodded. "I get it. But maybe it's time to get back to it. Remember why you loved it in the first place."

Dynasty agreed, feeling a spark of excitement. They set up a makeshift studio in Quest's garage, pulling out old canvases, paints, and brushes. As Dynasty started to paint, he felt the familiar rush of creativity, the worries about Custom fading into the background.

Quest watched him work, amazed at the transformation. "You still got it, man. This is amazing."

Dynasty grinned, the colors on his canvas coming to life. "Thanks, Quest. I needed this. Let's keep this up and see where it takes us."

For the next two days, Dynasty immersed himself in his art, finding solace in the strokes of his brush and the vibrant hues of his paints. Quest was right—painting was helping him reclaim a part of himself he had almost forgotten. It wasn't long before Dynasty started to feel like his old self again, the shadows of Custom and the mysteries of the past fading into the background.

One evening, as Dynasty was finishing a particularly striking piece, Quest walked into the garage with a knowing smile. "You know, I think this is the best therapy we could have asked for."

Dynasty nodded, stepping back to admire his work. "Yeah, I think you're right. I feel more like myself than I have in a long time."

As they stood there, the garage filled with the vibrant energy of Dynasty's art, they both knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them with renewed strength and creativity.

"Hey, bro." Quest began, his voice thoughtful as he shaded a sketch. "I've been meaning to ask you something."

"Yeah?" Dynasty replied, not looking up from his canvas.

"Why did you decide to take Engineering at Calamba University of Business and Arts instead of something like Multimedia Arts or anything related to art? I mean, you're obviously so talented. You could have been studying what you love."

Dynasty paused, the question hanging in the air. He set down his brush and turned to face Quest. "It's a long story, man."

"We've got time," Quest said, putting his sketchpad aside. "I'm all ears."

Dynasty took a deep breath. "Well, when I was younger, I was all about art. I painted, drew, even did some digital stuff. I loved it. But as I got older, I started feeling this pressure, mostly from my family. They thought art wasn't a 'real' career, you know? They wanted me to do something more 'practical.' Engineering seemed like a safe choice, something stable."

Quest nodded, understanding. "So, you did it for them?"

"Partly," Dynasty admitted. "But also, I guess I was scared. Scared of failing, of not being good enough. Engineering felt like a way to avoid that risk. It was something concrete, with clear paths and outcomes. Art... well, it's unpredictable."