10. Iliana

Iliana

Monday rolls around, and life goes on like normal; I meet Haze and Fire at work, where the latter makes me a cup of tea for absolutely free, and I head over to the counter in the middle of the store, in front of the main door that leads into the mall.. Cianna has the day off.

The girl from the club on Saturday, the one Fire was chatting up, walks into the book section of the store. The way the girl holds herself, it's very different from the last time she walked in here, like there is an air of confidence surrounding her exterior.

She struts down the aisle wearing an off the shoulder navy blue lace shirt, her midriff exposed for the whole store to oogle at. Beneath the lace, she wears a hot pink strapless bra. Her legs are shown off with dark denim shorts. She looks a little less.... innocent and shy than she did at the club.

Which is ironic.

As she nears the counter, her name pops into my head, finally. "Myra!" I call with a grin, leaning over the counter. When I have her attention, I wave, then point over at the display of new books. "Clockwork Princess is in," I inform her excitedly.

She gives a half smirk as she glances over at the display. "Maybe later. Where's the erotica section? Preferably lesbian." Her fingers run through the ends of her hair, stepping closer to the counter and leaning closer. "You know, something that really gets you quaking."

I raise an eyebrow, curious about her change in taste. Her severe change in taste. I blink. "But.. it's.. It's Clockwork Princess," I say slowly, making sure she comprehends the magnitude of what she's passing up.

"I heard you." She twirls a strand of hair, looking bored with the concept of reading the book.

Shrugging, I let myself out from behind the counter, shutting it behind me. "I like my kisses down low...." I sing along to the song in the store softly, leading her around to the erotica shelves. Running my finger along the numerous spines, I chew my lip, searching for the titles I figure she might be interested in. "Anything in particular? This one's good for toys... This actually has a decent story... Dialogue in here is cheesy, but if you skip over it, it's quite steamy...." I pull off the Lesbian ones as I describe them, having read most of them at least once before.

Setting the books on a little trolly nearby, all in a neat row, I tell her, "Go bananas. And if you need something a little more solid," I add with a grin, pointing over towards the coffee shop portion of the store, "Fire'll happily let you have your way with her in the back room." With two thumbs up and a grin, I turn around the corner, leaving her be.

"Sure." Myra mutters, leafing through the pages of the books, picking them all up as I leave. Just as I turn, I bump into a short, dark-haired, green-eyed hunk of sexiness. She's just barely taller than me, and her black hair is cut off at about her shoulders. She smirks, "I know I'm attractive, but I didn't know-- Hell, I knew, I'm a chick magnet."

My lips twitch into an amused smirk, and I snort, giving her a look over. She has that gothic sort of rocker, fuck-it-I-like-batman type of look. I have to admit, it's kind of sexy. Not to mention, that ass looks great in those red skinny jeans.

"Do you use that line on all the girls you pretend not to see? Or is it just the ones who look like me," I ask, playing back with an innocent grin before brushing past her, wanting to get back to the counter.

Until, of course, I get there.

Turning right back around, intending to leave the check-out counter for any other place in the store, I freeze mid-turn, cringing at the voice that squeals my name.