Chapter 5: Party and Reflection

You and Neo are attending a party at the estate. Neo is using her semblance to appear as another person since some people have ties to Beacon or the police.

You mingled with some of the guests and shared some wine with Neo as people talk about how their businesses are still trying to recover after the war, while others discuss trying to improve the kingdom now that crime is under control to an extent.

You then went to your room with Neo and she deactivated her Semblance.

"So, be honest Neo. Are you enjoying this? I'll understand if you don't."

Neo: "Actually, I do find it nice to take my mind off of work and other things for a bit. To be honest, I half expected Ruby and her friends to appear here, although it's not too late for that to happen, so I shouldn't get my hope up that they won't."

"No worries. If that happens, just leave them to me. No need to deal with them."

Neo: "Actually, I've been thinking about that ever since we left the Ever After. One of many, actually."

"Oh?"

Neo: "When I created those illusions in that Oragami Acre, I wanted so much to kill that girl. But what you said before about what will I do next got to me. I just made her relieve her worst moments. Then the psychotic cat came and we both went through things. With Roman gone, you were literally the only one that kept me from accepting ascension."

"Well, we've both been with each other through thick or thin. I was undoubtedly selfish, but I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again if that happened. I wasn't sure about staying in the Ever After."

Neo: "If I went through ascension I wouldn't have asked that question, but I think I'd rather give things another try with you by my side."

"Neo, care to dance with me?"

Neo nodded, and activated her Semblance before going with you to the ballroom. The two of you danced as you enjoyed the evening with the guests.

After a few more hours, the party ended and everyone went home, while you and Neo went to your office to drink tea.

"So, ready to get back to work tomorrow?"

Neo: "You know it."

The two clang their cups before drinking them.