Chapter 6: Always with You

You and Neo are in a car driving through Vale, seeing many shops and business in the commercial district.

"Looks like business is doing very well. Glad to see that the shops no longer need to be robbed for their dusts. I know we were the ones doing it, but I see there are other ways to get dust. I mean they might not be that legal, but still better than aiming guns at people."

Neo: "I can agree that it is nice that people don't have enough proof to point fingers at us."

The two of you stepped out and went into a restaurant where you got a table and sat down. You ordered food and some wine while you waited.

Neo: "How long has it been since we last came here?"

"I think it was a year ago. You know, after they rebuilt this place when Salem wrecked everything. A miracle they rebuilt it so fast."

Neo: "I know, There was hardly anything left, but luckily that's mostly behind use now. You know, with the Grimm that remain still being a pain in the rear. Still, nice to know that the rate of Grimm appearing is lower than before."

The food arrived and you begin eating. The two of you recounted the day you first met and the circumstances that brought yourselves together.

Your family thought that working with Salem through the members of her court would bring them prosperity. Soon, they turned on her and worked with the kingdoms to stop her during the Second Great War. However, you and Neo didn't join until after you managed to get out of the Ever After.

Neo still looks back on how a creature dubbed the Curious Cat possessed her after she had an existential crisis. Team RWBY helped her back to her senses and you managed to convince her to find her purpose again in Remnant with you.

"Neo? Is everything okay?"

Neo: "Y-yeah. Just thinking back on some things."

"Like what?"

Neo: "Like how you were always by my side. How you were there after I got possessed by that cat."

"Hey, I'll always be with you. No matter the situation, I'll be by your side."

Neo: "I know."

The two of you finished up and paid before you got back into the car and drove away. As the car headed back for home, Neo sat next to you while you both headed back for tonight.