Chapter 2: For Better or Worse

You and Neo are in your office looking at the holographic monitors that show footage of what's happening in the kingdoms. All of them either show how the rebuilding is progressing or a new council that promises to make real changes.

"You sure you want to drink tea?" you asked as she brought you the tea. "It wasn't a good thing when we were in the Ever After and all the things that followed."

Neo: "There's no psychotic talking cats or magic trees in this world, so I'm fairly certain that this kind of tea won't kill us or lead to our end."

"I guess," you said as you grabbed your cup and drank with Neo.

You then looked at the monitor in Vacuo and saw Team RWBY in a festival being held in their honor for saving the world. Neo looked away from the monitor and you changed it to what's happening in Solitas.

She looked back and saw with you that the remains of Atlas are being cleared out and they are beginning to create a kingdom called "New Mantle". You pulled up a monitor showing everything slandered against Ironwood after the fall of Atlas.

"Well, that's a bit excessive," you commented. "I mean, Atlas was undoubtedly an overly spoiled city and when pushed into a wall, revealed that while they did have valid points, in the end, it was all about them. But still, it seems excessive to say all this on Ironwood even though he's not here."

Neo: "Well, he finally realized he was in over his head, but still chose to listen to no one but himself. That's what happens when a man finally snaps. Anything can happen when someone snaps."

"Well, we've got a lot of work ahead of us if we're going to get things back on track. After all, we got a syndicate to rebuild."

Neo: "Y/N, do you miss Roman?"

You sighed.

"Not a day goes by that I don't remember the missions we pulled together. If he was here, he would not believe the places we've been to."

Neo: "The Ever After would've blown his mind."

"Yeah," you chuckled.

You turned off the monitors and walked with Neo to a balcony, where you saw most of Vale in the distance.

"The world changed a lot in four years."

Neo: "For better or worse, we truly need to learn from the past. After all, we all chose to live without the Gods."

"So, let's get back to work."

You and Neo walked out of the house and headed into the city to begin rebuilding what you need.