Chapter 22 - Dreamboy

...

As Frank promiscuously swished his hips, walking out of the room. Gerard reached into his pocket and pulled out a box of Marlboro red cigarettes- but more importantly, stuck to it was a slightly crumbled piece of neatly folded paper. Gerard smiled with essence of 'knowing' as he delicately unfolded the square.
And looking back at him was... Himself; in Franks not so artistic drawing. However, Gerard's hair was different now and it was like looking at a different person. He had been carrying the drawing around with him all day and night. What would Frank say when he knew he had it? Sure, he had potential, just a bit of mentoring and he would be awesome!

...

The weekend took its time to arrive and Frank thought he was going to go insane, praying for the weekend to finally come around so he didn't have to take part in Mr Roso's Science lessons that were boring as hell; like watching paint dry, they went nowhere.

Frank woke up on the Saturday morning at 8:00. Ecstatic and drilled with energy, excitement. He grabbed his phone from the side, the wooden cabinet wobbly and broken. Flicking open messenger:

'Hi. What time do I meet you? Frnkxo' Frank sent, lying back on his bed like a starfish or snow angel in winter. Almost Instantly his phone was bleeping and gyrating against his bare side.

'Come to the flat at 8:00 Gxoxo... I can't wait' Gerard replied.

Frank squealed cheerily, leaping down the stairs and threw an *attack hug* on his mom. She yelped and kissed Franks hand. She was cooking beans and mushrooms in the pan. Their stove was dirty and grubby. Wooden tops with acrylic covering, a 'fake' marble in emerald blue. The hob she cooked on was just about the cleanest one, but it was still stained; burnt extract of food nestled into the flame.

"Morning Hun. Any reason why you're so happy?" She asked and gestured towards the toaster. "Pop some bread in?" Frank did, with a permanent, cheesy smile, drawing down the toaster slide.

"Haha!" Frank laughed loudly. "I am going out tonight, with some friends"
He said, dancing joyfully.

This was new for Linda. She'd never seen him this happy, so just agreed!

"Oh yeah? I'd like to meet this friend of yours Frankie. what time are you going out?"

Frank wandered off, mumbling.
"8:00..."

Linda's eyes widened and she suddenly forgot about the food.
"8:00?!" She repeated, waving her spatula around in the air.
"What time will you get home?!" She said with the same intensity.

"Uh, um I don't know" Frank said and it was true, he didn't know when he would get in, Gerard hadn't mentioned that bit. Anyway, once Frank had had breakfast: beans, mushrooms, toast and tomatoes, he was up to his room like a bullet from a gun. Already preparing for the evening. He had a long, warm shower, and washed his hair thoroughly with his moms apple scented shampoo; rinsing, he washed his body and stepped out onto the mat, looking into the eyes of his reflection, and grazed along the tattoos on his fingers, hoping that his mom still thought they were transfers!
He dried himself and put on his outfit that he had been debating On the entirety of that week. In the end, he decided on a pair of skinny black jeans, holes in the knee's (like every pair of trousers he owned), black T-shirt, light brown hoodie and dark denim jacket with pin badges scattered on the pockets; different band logos and random slogans, sarcastic quotes. He was going to wear his black converse trainers that his dad had bought him and just for Gerard, he attempted to paint his nails black. Spiking up his hair slightly, he felt irresistible.

Most of the day, Frank spent writing music, doodling and pondering around the house, and continuously went downstairs every 10 minutes to have a piece of wholemeal toast...

When 8 'O' clock finally did turn up, he rushed around trying to add the 'finishing touches'. He took one look and began walking to Gerard's apartment.

"Bye mom!" He called, and straightened up his jacket.

"Okay sweet, bye" she responded.

Frank was on a mission.

...