ten.

Ever since Renee was a child, she was always sure of herself. Yes, she was shy, but she always had that confidence that she was somebody and she'd be somebody bigger than she ever thought. She rarely ever grew nervous or had stage fright. Sadly, as you grow older things happen in life. Things that stop making you think like the child that used to be. The child that believed they could conquer the world. Renee would've never thought she would feel less than a great performer or insecure in her music. She also would've never thought she'd be nervous out of her mind over a party.

At the age of twenty, she'd been to many college parties. But, this party was different. It wasn't a college party. Judging by Anthony's character, the party was going to be a surprise for her.

"I don't know what to wear."

"Something cute."

"Well, yes. But, it's not going to be like the college parties we go to. This is a real party."

"Who's hosting this party again?"

"Remember that guy; Anthony?" Renee looked back at her before she continued to rummage through her closet. "He's hosting it , I believe."

Lauren leaned forward. "Oh, if we're going out with your little friend, we need to dress more appropriately for the occasion."

Renee took a deep breath and looked at her closet with frustration. She didn't know what to wear, because she didn't know how to dress for the occasion. She wasn't sure what kind of party it was.

It was also going to be the first time that Anthony would see her out of her element. She needed to look her best.

"What're you wearing?"

Lauren jumped off of her bed and rushed towards her duffel bag that was kept in the corner. She unzipped the bag and pulled out a sparkly dress and a pair of black heels.

"Oh, that's cute." Renee nodded with approval.

"Thanks. I'm thinking of doing a cute updo." She walked over to Renee and peeked into the closet. She watched as Lauren searched through the back of her closet. Her eyes widened before she yanked a dress from the rod. She held a wine red dress with a slit and lace at the bottom. Around the hangar was a light scarf with the same design.

"Now, this... is sexy."

Renee looked over the dress and nodded with approval. She grabbed the dress and watched as Lauren grabbed her bag and headed to the washroom to change. Renee stood in front of her mirror and held the dress towards her body. She tilted her head and bit her lip with hesitation.

Quickly, she placed the dress on and ran her hands over it. She made her way to ehr vanity and loosened the rollers that were in her hair. Her short hair cascaded to her shoulders and bounced with the exact volume that she'd been looking for.

Her room door opened revealing Lauren in front of her. She smirked at her best friend and stepped further into the room.

"How do I look?"

"Yes! I love it."

"You look amazing. I know someone's gonna love all of this."

Renee raised her eyebrows as she grabbed her powder foundation and brush. She rubbed the makeup all over her face and began blending it.

"Who?"

"The guy who's been wanting you, duh!"

"Lauren, are we forgetting about Luca? My boyfriend."

Lauren smacked her lips and waved her off. She grabbed her red lipstick and smeared it perfectly onto her lips.

"Whatever."