Ch.12- Surfing the shock

Ross' POV

"Oh my god." Laura said next to me.

I looked down at her. Without her heels on, I literally had to look down two feet to see her. Whatever, it was worth it. She was worth it.

"What happened?" I replied.

"Is that?" Her hand shook as she pointed. 

"Laura don't point." I mumbled as I looked ahead at me. 

As I watched her breathing speed up, I looked forward. 

"What the fuck," I said.

"Are those our parents?" Laura said, clearly shocked.

"It can't be, " I said , also panicked. 

Except it was.

"Mom? Dad?" I said. ?

Next to me Laura looked like she was going to pass out. I grabbed her hand, firmly. "It's okay Laur."

-

Our parents  kept on coming closer and closer, but we were frozen in place; clutching each other like we were each others lives- and maybe we were. 

"Mom, dad- what the fuck?"I said.

"Language Ross." My mother said disapprovingly. 

"How are you guys here?" Laura said breathily.

"Well we didn't really die." Laura's mom replied.

"No fucking shit." I said.Laura squeezed my hand. They looked better than before they died, the women in fancy dresses and pearls and the men in crisp lapel suits. 

"We did this because we wanted you two to be together. It would be a good business-." 

"You know what, Mom and Dad." Laura shrieked. "Your plan didn't work because I don't love Ross. I just wanted to be with him for the money."

Ouch.