Chapter 3: Carnival Confessions

Spring was in full bloom, and the campus was buzzing with excitement for the annual spring carnival. Colorful banners and decorations adorned the buildings, and the smell of freshly popped popcorn and cotton candy filled the air. The students were thrilled for a day off from classes, ready to unwind and enjoy the festivities.

Nezuko and Makomo stood in front of their dorm mirror, putting the finishing touches on their outfits. Both had opted for casual yet stylish looks, perfect for a day of fun in the sun. Nezuko wore a flowy floral dress with comfortable sneakers, her hair styled in loose waves. Makomo chose a pair of denim shorts and a cute crop top, her hair pulled back into a high ponytail.

"Are you excited for the carnival?" Nezuko asked, adjusting her dress.

"Definitely! It's going to be so much fun," Makomo replied, grabbing her sunglasses. "And I heard there's going to be a huge water balloon fight. We have to join in!"

Nezuko laughed. "I'm in! Let's go find everyone."

They made their way to the main field, where the carnival was in full swing. Booths lined the perimeter, offering games, food, and various activities. Students mingled and laughed, enjoying the festive atmosphere. In the center of the field, a stage was set up for live music, and a large inflatable obstacle course dominated one side.

Nezuko scanned the crowd, spotting Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu near the obstacle course. Zenitsu was already complaining about getting wet, while Inosuke was eager to dive in headfirst.

"Nezuko! Makomo!" Tanjiro called out, waving them over.

"Hey, big brother!" Nezuko greeted, giving him a hug. "Ready for some fun?"

"Absolutely," Tanjiro replied with a grin. "We've already signed up for the water balloon fight. You should join our team."

Inosuke pumped his fist in the air. "Yeah! We'll crush the competition!"

Zenitsu groaned. "I'm going to get soaked, aren't I?"

Makomo laughed. "Come on, Zenitsu. It'll be fun!"

As they chatted, Nezuko noticed Muichiro standing off to the side, observing the carnival with a thoughtful expression. She felt a flutter in her chest and decided to seize the opportunity for some alone time with him.

"Hey, Muichiro!" Nezuko called out, walking over to him. "Want to hang out with me for a bit?"

Muichiro's expression softened, and he nodded. "Sure, Nezuko."

They wandered away from the main crowd, finding a quieter spot near the fountain. The sound of water splashing provided a soothing backdrop as they sat on a nearby bench.

"It's nice to get away from the noise for a while," Muichiro said, glancing at Nezuko.

"Yeah, it can get pretty overwhelming," Nezuko agreed, smiling. "I'm glad we get to spend some time together."

Muichiro nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "So, what do you think of the carnival so far?"

"It's amazing! I love how everyone comes together to have fun," Nezuko replied, her eyes sparkling. "What about you?"

"I like it. It's a good break from the usual routine," Muichiro said, his gaze thoughtful. "And it's nice to see everyone enjoying themselves."

As they talked, Nezuko couldn't shake the growing feelings she had for Muichiro. There was something about his calm demeanor and gentle nature that drew her in. She decided it was time to be honest about her feelings, even if it made her nervous.

"Muichiro, there's something I've been wanting to tell you," Nezuko began, her voice wavering slightly.

Muichiro turned to her, his eyes curious. "What is it, Nezuko?"

She took a deep breath, her heart pounding. "I... I really like you. More than just a friend. I know you have a lot of girls who are interested in you, but I wanted to tell you how I feel."

Muichiro's eyes widened in surprise. "Nezuko, I... I didn't know."

Nezuko bit her lip, feeling vulnerable. "I understand if you don't feel the same way. I just needed to tell you."

Muichiro was silent for a moment, his expression thoughtful. Then he spoke, his voice soft. "Nezuko, I appreciate your honesty. I think you're an amazing person, and I've enjoyed spending time with you. But there are things about me that you might not understand."

Nezuko tilted her head, her eyes searching his. "What do you mean?"

Muichiro looked down, his voice barely above a whisper. "But I'm forgetful."

Nezuko's heart ached at his words. She reached out, gently touching his hand. "I wanna be yours, Muichiro. No matter what."

He looked up, meeting her gaze. "But I'm cold."

She shook her head, her eyes filled with determination. "I wanna be yours."

Muichiro's eyes softened, a hint of a smile forming. "But I'm quiet."

Nezuko's grip on his hand tightened. "I wanna be yours, Muichiro. Just as you are."

He sighed, a mix of emotions crossing his face. "A lot of girls have feelings for me."

Nezuko's heart raced, her voice steady. "I don't care about them. I wanna be yours."

Muichiro stared at her for a long moment, his eyes reflecting a storm of emotions. Finally, he spoke, his voice tender. "Nezuko, you see something in me that I can't see in myself. But if you're willing to be with me, despite everything, then... I want to be yours too."

Nezuko's heart soared with joy, and she smiled brightly. "Muichiro, thank you."

They sat in silence for a moment, the weight of their confessions settling in. The sounds of the carnival faded into the background, leaving just the two of them in their own world.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the campus, Nezuko and Muichiro stood up, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead together. The carnival lights twinkled around them, a perfect backdrop for the beginning of their new chapter.

And so, amidst the laughter and festivities, Nezuko and Muichiro's bond grew stronger, their hearts intertwined in a promise of understanding and acceptance. The journey ahead was uncertain, but they knew they would face it together, hand in hand.