10

A/N: Just imagine Arlo whoever you want. But, keep this in mind that he have black hair and blue eyes. And he is also good at looking people up, if you haven't caught that up.

𓉞

It's turned into a beautiful day.

Afternoon sunlight spills through the window illuminating the thin veil of dust hanging in the air.

Brahms is seated at his desk while Vincent stands at the podium reading from some children's book in a loud, clear voice.

The phone rings in another room.

Vincent pauses -- just long enough to let it register. Arlo won't be able to call him today, he is coming here at the manor after all. Then he continues reading while the phone rings and rings.

𓉞

Vincent lays on his bed, talking with Arlo who is laying down next to him with Brahms in his arms. Arlo arrived at the manor one hour ago and he was right. Arlo does love Brahms, he doesn't mind that the manor is always creaking.

"Have you figured out who adopted me yet?" Arlo asked, turning his head to look at his brother.

Vincent smiles, turning his head to look at Arlo. "I have a theory, but I don't have any proof for it." He said, looking up at the ceiling.

"Do you think Malcolm could've done it?" Arlo asked, nose scrunching at the thought.

Vincent shakes his head. "No, I don't think so."

"Then, what's your theory?" Arlo asked.

"You need to keep it a secret though." Vincent said, sitting up, looking at Arlo who sits up as well.

"Alright." Arlo said, shrugging.

Vincent nods, standing up and walks to the wall in front of him. He raises his hand and knocks on the wall three times, waiting for the response.

Knock. Knock.

Vincent smiles, turning his head to look behind him at Arlo who has his mouth gaped.

"Whoa." Arlo let out, surprise and in awe.

Vincent nods excitedly, moving back to sit down next to Arlo. "I know right."

"That's your theory?" Arlo asked, looking up at Vincent.

Vincent nods again. "Yeah." He said. "I think it's Brahms, but I have no proof."

"Yet." Arlo said, looking at Vincent pointedly.

"Yet." Vincent repeated, sighing softly. They stayed quiet for a while, until Vincent broke it when he remembers the phone call he had gotten while reading poetry to Brahms. "Hey, the orphanage isn't supposed to call me today, right?" He asked, looking at Arlo who shook his head.

"No, why? Did you get a phone call?" Arlo asked.

Vincent nods, before shaking his head. "It's probably nothing." He said, smiling softly at his brother who slowly nodded as if he didn't believe him. "C'mon, let's get you and Brahms set up." He said, standing up.

𓉞

Vincent walks out of the kitchen with three sandwiches, a glass of milk and two orange juices.