11

Vincent comes out of the Heelshire's room, carrying the attic pole. He pulls down the attic stairs and goes up the attic.

Vincent moves through the burnt remains of furniture, finds the photo album and flips through quickly. He found what he was looking for, taking out the picture of Brahms and the little girl.

He flips to the back. Written in Mrs. Heelshire's handwriting are Brahms Heelshire & Emily Cribbs.

Vincent looks up from the photograph, at all the half-burned objects around him.

𓉞

Classical music thunders on the stereo -- through all the empty rooms of Heelshire manor. The sound of music carries over to where it carries into the open air.

Vincent walks around the house with a garbage bag. He stops at a bush and reaches behind it, bringing up an empty rat trap.

Vincent sets it back and heads to the next one. He pulls it up -- empty. He rounds the house to the front and stops, a confused look on his face.

"Hello, who are you?" Vincent said to the man standing on the porch.

The man looks to be in his mid-30's, tall, all-American looking with sandy-blond hair. He looks like some kind of a harder-lived version of Troy Aikman.

The man gives him a confused look, but gives Vincent a kind smile. "I'm Cole Perkins. I'm looking for Greta Evans, is she here?"

A realization passes by Vincent's face, studying the man carefully but shakes his head to the man. "I've never seen her before, but she was the nanny here before me." He said, watching Cole's face darkened for a few seconds before disappearing.

"Can I come in?" Cole asked. "I'm gonna call her and see if she will come."

Vincent slowly nods. "Sure..."

𓉞

Brahms, Arlo and Vincent sit together on the couch.

Cole sits on a chair facing them, leaning forward towards Vincent. "This is a joke, right?"

Vincent furrowed his eyebrows, reaches out and wraps his arms around Brahms and Arlo.

Cole grimaces, rubbing his face hard -- party puzzled, partly frustrated. "The whole way out here I was thinking of what I was going to say. How I was going to convince Greta to forgive me and to come back to Denton. I had this speech worked out, but now... I mean, this, this is..." He looks at Brahms, still not quite believing what he's seeing. Not believing that Greta ran from him for this... doll.

Vincent looks down at Arlo, who is as confused as him.

𓉞

Arlo, Brahms, Vincent and Cole sit at the dinner table.

"I been working out at Fairview with Ed Bruner's crew. They got a contract to put in a new hotel, so there's more than enough work for all of us." Cole said, before sighing. "I know I've done some stupid things. I've done wrong by her--"

"You should tell her this, not me." Vincent said, stopping him before Cole can say more.

Cole nods, sighing again. "You're right, but I don't think she's coming here." He said, looking up at Vincent.