ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 5

JHANVI'S POV

Who cares if he's hugging her or kissing her? Why am I even bothered by it? Boys will be boys, anyway, I muttered to myself, trying to shake off the uncomfortable feeling gnawing at my heart.

 Oh my God, don't tell me, Jhanvi, you have a crush on him or something, I scolded myself, shaking my head in disbelief. 

I know now that I don't want to love or be loved in half measure. I want it all, and to have it all, you have to risk it all. But right now, I am not in a position to risk anything and end up heartbroken. Liking someone who already has someone he likes will be a disaster for you, Jhanvi.

I paused, taking a deep breath as I continued walking home. These types of things are not for you. Your goal is to make a good career, and you know the consequences if your marks get reduced. You can't get distracted now, not at this moment.

It's been a week since I had this realization that I'm in love with that jerk no no it's just a crush a small tiny crush, and everything seemed abnormal because liking a guy who already likes someone else is abnormal to me. Everyone is just focused on studies but my mind is wandering with thoughts of him and today, we were going to buy dresses for the farewell. "I have no idea why Srisha decided it out of the blue," I thought aloud. "I didn't expect her to be so excited about the farewell. Well, I'm not; it will be the same for me."

We headed towards the market, where there were different shops selling sarees. Srisha asked Deepak what he was planning to buy. "Probably formals," he replied nonchalantly.

Devansh, ever the enthusiastic one, shouted, "I want to do twinning with Deepak! Why not all of us wear the same color?"

I looked at him in disbelief. "Uniform wali feel aayegi," I commented, trying to dismiss the idea.

(It will feel like uniform)

"Yeah, we can do it. Not everyone is going to wear the same thing, right Jhanvi?" Srisha chimed in, surprisingly supporting the idea. I looked at her, puzzled. Srisha, of all people, who doesn't like twinning with anyone, was supporting this.

"Okay, since everyone is agreeing, we can do that, but designs and patterns will be different," I added, trying to find a middle ground.

Deepak bought wine-colored formals, and Devansh, true to his word, bought the exact same ones. Such a kid, I thought, smiling to myself. Srisha was busy in a store selecting a saree, while I went to another store to find one for myself. It is very difficult to find clothes for me as I'm very picky about them.

As I was searching, Deepak walked in. "What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to see him.

"Helping you out," he said casually.

"It's not needed. I can do it on my own," I replied, trying to keep my distance.

He didn't reply and started picking out sarees, showing them to me, and then putting them back before I could react. I watched him, confused, as he did this for around 5-6 sarees. Finally, he handed me one, saying, "This will look good on you." It was a light pastel blue saree with chikankari work.

"It's not wine, though," I said, raising an eyebrow.

He stepped closer, narrowing the gap between us to just a few inches. My heart raced. What the hell is he doing?

"You didn't want to wear matching, so I thought you would like this. You don't have to agree with everyone's decision. Do what you like," he said softly, his eyes locked on mine.

I stared at him, caught off guard. "Breathe, Jhanvi," he said, snapping me out of my trance. I realized I wasn't breathing and gasped for air. He laughed.