Chapter XXIII {Malfoy Manor}

Scabior has his wand pointed to my neck and hold my hands behind me while Greyback had Ron and Hermione. Bellatrix herself had Harry, while we patiently waited for Draco to come. my heart was beating out of my chest. its been six months since i've seen him. what if he's fallen out of love with me?! no, Vanessa! don't think like that! 

Lucius walks into the room followed by Narcissa who is followed by Draco. my breath hitches in my throat as our eyes meet. when he sees me he stops walking and doesn't break eye contact. 

"Draco!" Lucius hisses shoving Draco towards Harry

Bellatrix has Harry on the floor. she lifts his head for Draco to see, eagerly. 

Draco hesitantly approaches, only taking a few steps.

"well?" Bellatrix asks urgently

"i can't be sure." Draco says looking at the floor then only his eyes meet mine

"Draco, look closely, son." Lucius says grabbing onto Draco's neck. Draco looks in pain as he breaks eye contact with me. i yank against Scabior's hands, desperately trying to get to Draco, but Scabior just strengthens his grip. "if we are the one's to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord...everything will be forgiven, it will all be as it was, do you understand?" Lucius says. Draco nods painfully.

Scabior shoves me towards another Snatcher as he approaches Draco and Lucius.

"now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, i hope, Mr. Malfoy." Scabior says

"how dare you talk  to me like that IN MY OWN HOUSE-" Lucius begins yelling

"Lucius!" Narcissa says coming up behind the pair

Lucius goes mute and steps away from Draco.

"don't be shy, sweetie. come over." Bellatrix says grabbing Draco's hand and pulling him down to Harry's level. "now, if this isn't who we think it is, Draco, and we call him, he'll kill us all. we need to be absolutely sure."

"what's wrong with his face?" Draco asks observing Harry's looks

"yes, what is wrong with his face?" Bellatrix asks 

"he came to us like that. something he picked up in the forest, i reckon." Scabior answers

"ran into a Stinging Jinx. and i think i know exactly who did it." Bellatrix says slowly approaching me "give me her wand, i'll see what her last spell was." 

i flinch but Bellatrix walks straight past me, laughing "got you." she says

she stops abruptly, gasping. "what is that?" Bellatrix asks spying the Sword of Gryffindor in one of the Snatchers' hand.

"where'd you get that from?" Bellatrix asks

"it was in one of the girls' bags when we searched them. reckon its mine now." the Snatcher says

Bellatrix fires a spell sending the Snatcher, holding the Sword, flying down the stairwell. she grabs the Sword and sends a spell to the Snatcher holding Hermione and Ron, slicing him in the abdomen. Bellatrix chokes both Greyback and Scabior with some sort of Snake. 

"GO! GET OUT!" Bellatrix screams

Greyback and Scabior, holding their necks, scurry up and run down the stairs. 

"Cissy, put the boys in the cellar. i want to have a little conversation with the girls." Bellatrix says getting in me and Hermione's faces

Narcissa shoves the boys down the stairs and into the cellar. Bellatrix smirks and Draco, who's behind Bellatrix, has a panicked look on his face.