25~ Engagement

Here's some popcorn for the drama 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

If I can't be close to you,I'll settle for the ghost to you.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Ruani's pov

Running down the stairs,I made my way towards the front door where my dearest childhood friend stood, her arms wide open.

A wide smile plastered my face as I pulled her into a warm embrace. How long as it been? 15 years?

I couldn't help but let a few tears of joy slip away. After a few minutes,we pulled away, staring at eachother, overwhelmed.

I slightly hit her shoulder, faking to be angry. "You remembered me now,uh?" I ask her.

Keerani let's out a chuckle. "To remember,I never forgot you." I hug her once again. I'm so glad she's here.

I took a step back and glanced at the man who stood behind her. My guess was right,he definitely was not Indian. Britsh maybe?

He looked around 6' way too tall for her 4'11? Anyways. He had green eyes,blonde hair shining in the sunlight. Stoic expression on his face as he leaned against the car.

I look back at her raising her eyebrows,to which she blushes? My eyes wide. "What the fuck?" I whisper yell to which she mutters 'later' and steps forward to wish my family.

After a casual exchange of greetings,my father's eyes fall on the same mysterious man. Keerani let's out a soft smile, following his gaze to the man.

"Oh how could I forget? Meet Kairo,kairo Anderson Evans. My assistant." She says shocking me more.

This man,her assistant? What the hell? When the hell? I pass her another look asking her about which she just ignores.

I look back at the man who sighs and walks forward, greeting my family.

"Hello-" Keerani cuts him off half way. "Kai, it's namaste!" She glares at him with a don't-fucking-embarrass-me smile to which he sighs.

"Sorry. Namaste,I'm kairo,One of World's top best chef and Ceo of The Valentino's." He smiles, forcefully but proud of himself.

1.I don't like his attitude
2.His Indian accent sucks
3.His orginal british accent is way too 'british'
4. What the fuck is happening between him and this crazy bitch?

Nanna smiles,"Ofcourse, How can I not know The Valentino's? It was also awarded as the world's best restaurant chains last year, wasn't it?"

Oh so he's rich too?Keerani smiles too, proudly.

"Yes, uncle."

"By the way what's going on in here?" Keerani asks."Everyone is dolled up, especially my love,Ruani. You all look very beautiful by the way." I lower my gaze,my lips settling back to a thin line.

Shri anna steps forward and pats my shoulder,"It's Ruani's engagement today."

"What?" Her eyes widen,jaw dropping. "Engagement? Of my childhood bestfriend and I wasn't invited?" She frowns.

"It all happened in a hurry dear." Saru tells her.

"Chikki,innu horgade ne nilsidira alla, banni olag hogona." Vikki says to which everyone agrees and walks inside.

(Aunt, let's take them inside why are making the guests stand outside?)

As we did,the ladies returned to their cooking and puja responsibilities while the men were busy looking after the decorations and stuff.