Chapter 7: The Hospital

772 words
4152 characters

Siobhan stayed by Mary's side until the ambulance came, and on the ride to the hospital, Crying the entire time.

She waited in the hospital for any news. She waited for hours. She thought of the worst possibilities. What if Mary died? Would she be able to stand it? She didn't want to. If Mary was gone, she wanted to be gone too.

Just then the doctor walked into the waiting room. Siobhan was the first to stand up. Marjorie, who had been sitting next to her, stood up too. She wrapped her arm around the blonde, rubbing her arm.

The doctor spoke

"She's going to be ok."

Siobhan let out a sigh she felt like she'd been holding in since Roger arrived. She looked at Marjorie and smiled, starting to cry again. Marjorie hugged her and she hugged back. "Thank you." Marjorie said to the doctor as he left.

Siobhan was hesitant to visit Mary. She felt it was somewhat her fault that Mary had gotten hurt. She stood in front of the closed door for a minute before walking in. None of the others were with her, they wanted to give her a moment alone with Mary before they went in.

she pushed the handle down and walked in the door. Mary was awake. She smiled. "You're here." Mary said, surprised.

"Of course I am." Siobhan came in and walked over to Mary. She took her hand as she sat in the chair by the bed. She looked into Mary's eyes for a moment before turning away. She started to cry. "I thought I was going to lose you. I was so scared." She looked back to Mary. "I don't want to lose you. I can't. I wouldn't survive it."

"You won't." Mary said, reassuring the blonde, but she wasn't quite sure if that was true. She thought about what Roger could do if he wanted to. Wait.. where is Roger? "Where's Roger?"

"Oh, Autumn knocked him out and he was taken away by the police." Siobhan said smiling. "I'll give them a statement later and tell them everything he's done. And.. hopefully, that's enough to put him away."

Mary watched Siobhan talk for a while. Taking in her every feature. "Siobhan?" Mary looked serious.

Siobhan stopped waffling on and looked at Mary. "What is it?"

"I um..." Mary looked down and back up at Siobhan. "When I fell, the only thing I thought about was you. What was going to happen to you. I..." she started to cry. "I thought about never seeing you again. Never looking at your beautiful face again. My life flashed before my eyes.. and you were my future. I feel like-" She squeezed Siobhan's hand tighter and took a deep breath. "I feel like I'm getting a second chance, and there's something I have to tell you."

Siobhan looked worried about what Mary was going to say, but she waited.

"I love you."

Siobhan gasped and she felt butterflies in her stomach. She didn't believe what she was hearing. The woman she loved, loved her back. She laughed. "I love you too." She kissed Mary gently. "You know I actually told you first, after you fell."

"You did?" She smiled

"Mhm." Siobhan smiled back. "So... what are we now?"

"Girlfriends?" Mary asked hopefully.

"Mary my girlfriend. Has a very nice ring to it."

"It certainly does."

Siobhan was still holding Mary's hand tightly. She hoped Roger would never come in contact with them again.

She sat with Mary while the others came to visit her, giving her gifts and get well soon cards and things like that. Mary loved all the gifts she was getting, and how loved she felt by all of her friends.

The damage to her head wasn't as bad as they initially expected it to be, so it wasn't that long of a wait for Siobhan to be able to take her home. The only thing was, she had to rest for a few weeks.

It was a month later. Mary was better, Roger was in jail, and they had gotten restraining orders against him. He would never bother them again. Life was the best it's ever been for the two.

It was 7 in the morning on a Saturday. Mary was making pancakes. Siobhan walked into the kitchen after having taken a shower and wrapped her arms around Mary's waist. Mary melted into the hug. "Morning, baby."

"Morning, beautiful." Siobhan kissed Mary's cheek.

Mary finished making pancakes, and they ate their breakfast. While they were eating, Siobhan's phone rang. She picked it up. It was from the prison.

"Hello?"

Oh boy you'll be happy next chapter 😌