Chapter 2: The Sleepover

975 words
5214 characters

The car ride was silent as they drove to Mary's house. When they walked in, Siobhan took a look around, admiring the comfy style furniture and the nicknacks on the shelves. The lived-in style was the complete opposite of her and Roger's house, and she quite liked it.

"Don't mind the mess." Mary said gesturing toward the living room where she had a pile of laundry on the couch. "I fell asleep in the middle of it last night." She walked over to the couch, pushed the pile into the basket on the floor, and moved it away from the couch. "Come, sit with me."

Siobhan sat with her on the couch and looked into her eyes. She was so grateful for the woman in front of her. The woman who had saved her from a life of pain and torture.

"How you doing?"

"Better, thank you."

Mary smiled at the blonde, grabbing her hand and stroking it gently. "Good."

Siobhan's phone buzzed and when she looked at it, it was a text from Roger.

~Where the fuck are you?!!!! Get home NOW!!!~

She ignored it and put her phone down.

"He'll never hurt you again. I promise." Mary blinked away tears starting to form. "I'll fucking kill him if he tries." She sat for a moment before letting Siobhan's hand go, much to Siobhan's disappointment. "Wanna watch a movie?"

Siobhan smiled a genuine smile. "Yes, as long as it's a horror movie. I love horror movies. I'm scared of them but I love them. Roger never lets me watch them." Her smile faded and she looked down.

"Hey, no. Don't think of him right now." Mary lifted Siobhan's chin with her pointer finger. "Look at me. Think about me."

Siobhan didn't know why, but she felt a bit flustered at this. But it did get her mind off of Roger. She shoved down the urge to bite her lip and continued. "Can we have popcorn too?"

"Of course. Anything you want." Mary got up and headed to the kitchen to make the popcorn. "You can look through the movies I have while you're waiting, or you can go to my room just down the hall and change into some more comfortable clothes if you want." She yelled from the kitchen.

Siobhan took the opportunity to head to Mary's room, curious to see what it looked like and what kind of clothes she had. She decided to put some silk pajamas on. A tank top and matching shorts. They were a little small on her, but for once when she looked in the mirror, she didn't hear Roger's stupid voice telling her she looked far or ugly. She felt beautiful. So she decided to keep them on. She went back to the living room and picked a movie when Mary came back from the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn.

"Oh, cute. I love that set. The red looks great on you."

The compliment went straight to Siobhan's heart and she smiled. "You really think so?"

"Yeah. You look beautiful." She sat the popcorn on the coffee table and looked at Siobhan. "Give me a minute, I'm gonna change, I'll be right back."

Mary came back to the living room wearing almost the same thing. It was the same color but instead of a tank top and shorts, it was a silk nightgown. Siobhan's eyes went straight to Mary's exposed thigh which got slightly more exposed as she sat down on the couch.

Siobhan started the movie, but could barely focus on it. She didn't know what was happening. She'd never felt this way toward a woman before and she didn't know how to react. She tried as hard as she could to ignore it, but Mary shifted closer to her and their thighs were touching.

She started to focus more on the movie and forgot about what she was feeling. She was into the movie enough to get scared and it made her jump. Mary giggled and looked at Siobhan. Siobhan looked back at her and her heart fluttered.

Mary wrapped her arm around the other woman's shoulder and Siobhan felt like she couldn't breathe. She reached for some popcorn to have something else on her mind but she bumped hands with Mary. "Sorry." Siobhan pulled her hand away.

"No, it's ok." Mary grabbed a piece of popcorn and put it up to Siobhan's mouth. She willingly opened her mouth as Mary fed her the popcorn, their eyes never leaving each other's.

Before they knew it the movie was over. They spent the rest of the day talking, playing board games, cooking. Anything they could do together, they did. When they got tired, they headed to Mary's room.

"Um... if you're comfortable with it, you can sleep with me." Mary said looking at the small bed. "I mean, I don't have a guest bed, but I can sleep on the couch if that's more comfortable for you."

"No, we can sleep together. Actually I'd prefer it over being alone."

They got into bed and pulled up the covers. At first, it was awkward, but then Mary spoke. "Is this ok? Do you need anything? Water?"

"I'm fine." And for the first time, she meant it.

Siobhan couldn't sleep for a while and she turned on her side. "Mary?" She whispered. "Are you awake?"

Mary shifted on her side to face Siobhan. "What is it?" She said sleepily.

"Um... I hate to ask this, but..."

Mary waited in anticipation, willing to do anything to help Siobhan.

"Could you hold me?" Siobhan didn't know why she couldn't sleep, but she did know that the one thing that brought her comfort was Mary's touch.

Mary didn't answer. She only shifted closer and wrapped her arm gently around the older woman's waist.

Within minutes they were both asleep.

Next chapter is a little silly