Chapter 4: The Kiss

1377 words
7133 characters

🤭 Ready?

Songs listed in this chapter:
1. 'HOT TO GO!' by Chappell Roan
2. 'Picture You' by Chappell Roan

It'd been a few days since the bar and the mutual attraction was growing. They hadn't done anything about it, not even told each other, but they were starting to suspect that it might be mutual. Of course, neither of them hid it very well. It slipped that Mary was a lesbian one night when they were talking about celebrity crushes, so it was only a matter of time.

They headed off to work together, as usual. That day Siobhan told everyone that she had left Roger. Not that she needed to, but she wanted to. Mary was still stationed in the office with Siobhan, so they talked all day. They were ever so slowly getting closer and the wait was excruciating.

At the end of the day, they were getting ready to go home. Siobhan was thinking about how much better her life is now, and how she never thought it could change. She was eternally grateful for Mary and all she'd done for her. "Mary?"

"Yeah?" Mary kept cleaning as she listened to Siobhan.

"Thank you, so much." Mary stopped cleaning and walked over to Siobhan. "For everything. When you found out... I didn't know how much longer I'd be able to take it, and I just... I wanted you to know how lucky I was that you helped me."

"Oh, baby. I'm the lucky one." Mary placed a hand on Siobhan's cheek and her eyes fluttered shut slightly as she melted into the touch. Mary was everything to her. Every time she looked at her, she'd get lost in her eyes.

"What do you wanna do tonight?" Mary changed the subject and removed her hand.

"Um, I don't know."

"How about karaoke?" Mary suggested

Siobhan's eyes lit up. "I love karaoke. I'm not great at singing, but it's so fun."

Mary giggled at the excitement coming from the other woman. "I bet you're phenomenal."

Siobhan blushed at the compliment as she picked up her things. They headed home.

When they got home, Siobhan sat down on the couch and turned on the TV to YouTube. "You can go first." She handed the remote to Mary to pick a song.

Mary selected the song she wanted and stood up in front of Siobhan. 'HOT TO GO!' by Chappell Roan started playing. Siobhan smiled. She loved that song and she was excited to hear Mary sing. She also wondered if Mary chose that song for the lyrics when Mary began singing.

I could be the one, or your new addiction
It's all in my head but I want non-fiction

Siobhan watched with a smile as Mary sang. Her singing was amazing and she was dancing to the music. Siobhan had never seen a woman so beautiful and she thought her heart might burst.

I don't want the world, but I'll take this city
Who can blame a girl? Call me hot, not pretty

Mary smirked at Siobhan before continuing.

Baby, do you like this beat?

She walked closer to Siobhan and grabbed her hand, pulling her off the couch.

I made it so you'd dance with me

Siobhan let the other woman take her hand and dance with her.

It's like a hundred ninety-nine degrees When you're doing it with me, doing it with me H-O-T-T-O-G-O
Snap and clap and touch your toes
Raise your hands, now body roll
Dance it out, you're hot to go
H-O-T-T-O-G-O
Snap and clap and touch your toes
Raise your hands, now body roll H-O-T-T-O-G-O
H-O-T-T-O-G-O
You can take me hot to go
H-O-T-T-O-G-O
You can take me hot to go