Chapter 3

On his way home Ishan found himself stuck in traffic. Usually that wouldn't annoy him as he was pretty much used to Bombay roads but this time he felt a little.. fed up.

He picked up his phone expecting a text from Shubman. Maybe a little "enjoy your time ig :(" with a frowny face as he usually does whenever Ishan is out on dates.

No notifications.

'Is he okay?' thought Ishan as he grew more impatient. Not just because of the traffic but he felt like he was upsetting too many people at once and failed to find a balance. Not just his interpersonal relationships he's been busy with cricket as well. He's not oblivious to the hate he recieves on the internet. It's taken a toll on him.

The constant comparison of him to other players of his age group, even his bestfriend, being told his performance 'fell off'. He tries his best. He really does. Every night before bed he can't stop thinking about that century he couldn't complete by just one run.

He rests his head on the steering wheel for a brief moment before he hears a car honk at him.

"Aghhhh" he moans out... Upon hearing his own voice he realised he had been driving without music the entire time. So he put some on. 

He makes it to Aditis's apartment.

..

Shubman was laying on his couch with his headphones on and his phone on dnd.

He's rarely ever like this. He's the type of guy who'd get drunk and hook up with random girls at the bar when he's sad. Usually you'll always find him as the clingy nice guy who laughs at everything, never runs out of energy and is loved by everyone.

Although this time his energy did run out. He felt unloved. He didn't know what he needed and couldn't tell if he deserved it. He was afraid of being useless. He had set such high standards for himself that he didn't accept anything below it. He felt unwanted.

'Is there something wrong with me?' he thought to himself.

His attempt of trying to distract himself with music failed. His thoughts didn't leave him alone for long enough.

That's the rare quiet Shubman for you.

Without realising a single tear rolled down his face and that made him sit in astonishment.

"I'm being so fucking dramatic" he said out loud with no one around.

Amidst the memories of today that ran through his mind, how him and Ishan were supposed to go and play 8 ball today he suddenly remembered something.

He jolted up from his couch.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck the fucking camera"

The boy frantically searched for his phone under the couch, behind the pillows, on the table only to realise he was holding it in his hand the entire time.

He was stressed and was panicking though he managed to open his chats with Ishan and saw an unread message by him asking "are you okay shub?"

Shubman did not pay any attention to his message and just hurriedly began typing..

"ISHAN DO NOT OPEN THE CAMERA'S GALLERY INFRONT OF YOUR GIRL!!!"

Before he pressed send he paused for a moment. All of his anxiety suddenly vanished. Replaced by a single thought. Something mischievous. His lips curved slightly as he smirked. He was up to no good. Or maybe he was.

Afterall why should he be responsible of what Ishan does with his girlfriend. Ishan wouldn't want Shubman disturbing him anyway. Right?

Why should he tell Ishan that a week ago Yashasvi clicked a picture of a drunk Ishan kissing Shubman on the cheek. A kiss on the cheek is nothing anyway.

Even though the angle makes it look like the two of them were making out it's not a huge deal. Right?

"Well let it be a surprise, not my problem" Shubman spoke out his inner monologue as he scoffed.

'I've lent my camera to him like a good friend I am. Not my responsibility what he does with it'

Shubman would take a bullet for Ishan. Easily. But would he help save his relationship? Maybe on good days when he feels generous but certainly not today.

'I can't wait to see him tomorrow' Shubman giggled to himself knowing exactly what would happen tomorrow.

He just went to sleep. Phone still on dnd.
..

"This is all so beautiful" spoke Aditi looking at the mountains and stars as the two of them sat together on Ishan's car.

"Yeah it is" Ishan replied.

After 2 minutes of silence, one of them spoke

"Since when did you have a camera?"

˖  ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

How is Aditi gonna react to that 😝 (pls i feel bad for her)