Chapter 5

Shubman opened his door to an angry Ishan. Whom he was expecting...

He grinned awkwardly.

"Sooo...." He spoke.

Ishan just looked up at him. He crossed his arms waiting for an explanation.

"What?.." Shubman had to act oblivious. He couldn't blow up his cover. Although he wasn't doing a good job at that.

"We broke up."

Shubman's stomach filled with butterflies and his excitement sky rocketed as he heard those words. He was on cloud nine. He didn't even know why it made him so happy. He cared for his best friend. He really did. But right now this was all amusing to him.

"So are you here for post breakup sex? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Shubman why weren't you picking up your phone"

"I was asleep and it was on dnd.." he spoke like a child who got caught with candy past his bedtime.

"Do you know one of the reasons we broke up yesterday?"

"..No?" Of course he still had to pretend.

Ishan didn't say a word and just handed Shubman his camera.

"Why the actual fuck were we fucking making out in this???"

Shubman just looked at him with confusion before he checked the camera and what Ishan wanted him to see.

"Ohhhhhh THIS" Shubman let out a high pitched laugh before he spoke further.

"We weren't."

"We weren't???? What the fuck does that mean???????" asked Ishan.

"Yeah this, i remember clearly. You just kissed me on my cheek although the angle picked by our great friend Yashaswi makes it look like we were.. uhhhh.. why, you wanna makeout?"
Shubman teased him. Still not taking this situation seriously.

"Yaar Shub" Ishan slouched and rested his head against Shubman's chest like he was a wall. Shubman hugged him without saying anything.

That's where Shubman felt bad. He got what he wanted but he still didn't want his best friend to be sad.

"It's okay. If y'all broke up over something like this it wasn't worth it anyway." Shubman patted his head while caressing his hair, hugging him as if it was the most important thing to him. (It was)

"She thinks I cheated. I knew I couldn't have kissed a man" Ishan rubbed his head against his chest and hugged him back.

"Oh... " Shubman mumbled.

"What?"

"What??"

"Shubman I'm sad. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked"

This made Ishan look up at him while hugging. Shubman just pecked his nose.

"Chee" said Ishan.

"What?? You feel uncomfortable being affectionate with your heterosexual male best friend now??"

"Ughhh. 8 ball pool and drinks tonight? I wanna have fun before the ipl auction."

"Hell yeahhh let's destroy our livers."

"Why are you so unusual" Ishan spoke.

"Aaja FIFA khelte hai"

..

Shubman didn't quite realise what he felt towards Ishan. What he knew was that he wanted his attention. He considered as someone who couldn't commit. As one could tell from his occasional hook-ups.

He felt he was too young for a committed relationship and had too many responsibilities for the same. Being a cricketer isn't all rainbows and sunshines. He could see how Ishan felt conflicted sometimes during his relationship. Juggling everything wasn't easy. And it wasn't going to be. But..

He always considered Ishan an exception and a priority.

"Mai nhi khelra" Ishan tossed his controller after losing. That made Shubman smile in satisfaction.

"By the way Ishan" Shubman spoke.

Ishan looked at him.

"Did that make you uncomfortable?"

"What?"

"The idea of us kissing"

"Kya puchta rehta hai bhay" Ishan chuckled nervously as he could tell by Shubman's tone that he wasn't messing around this time.

Shubman looked at him in silence for 3 seconds before he jumped up from his seat and invaded Ishan's personal space.

"No seriously, does that make you uncomfortable ?"

"N-no" Ishan put his hand on Shubman's face and pushed him back on the couch.

"Then?" Shubman spoke as he put his legs on Ishan's lap. They looked like they had been living together everyday for years.

"Not uncomfortable.. the situation was just weird I guess..? Unusual?" Ishan leaned back on the couch.

Shubman smiled at him showing his dimples.

"Kya?" Ishan giggled while looking at him.

"Keep your hair long. It suits you." Shubman spoke.

˖ ݁𖥔.☁︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Aaj to update pe update 😝. Also guys please pray for me that I get a good result 😞😞😞 really need prayers rn.