lix ; a lesson in flying

"He got off!"

Mr. Weasley came merrily walking into the kitchen with Harry behind him. "Cleared of all charges!"

A wave of relief flooded over the kitchen as everyone stood up from the table, the dreary conversation of slightly less confidential order matters ending quickly. Jupiter felt a breath of air escape her lungs at the sight of Harry. The fear that he wouldn't return was odd and confusing, yet strong.

"I knew it!" Ron yelled, punching the air. "You always get away with stuff!"

"They were bound to clear you," Hermione said, who had looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry had entered the kitchen and was now holding a shaking hand over her eyes. "There was no case against you, none at all..."

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off," Harry said jokingly, his eyes darting around the room until he met Jupiter's. If he wasn't already happy, he positively lit up at the sight of her. She felt her heart give a flutter at the thought.

Jupiter looked to the chair next to her, and he instinctively pushed through the crowd of people to sit by her.

"Thanks for not... you know... ambushing me," he whispered as Fred, George, and Ginny were doing a kind of war dance to a chant that went, "He got off, he got off, he got off!"

"That's enough, settle down!" Mr. Weasley shouted, though he too was smiling. "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry-"

"Of course," Jupiter said, keeping her voice low. "I know that's the last thing you'd want, especially today."

"Although, I wouldn't mind if it were you." He shrugged, his green eyes meeting hers. "Anyone being all over me right when I walk in is a little much, but if it was you, I'd be a little relieved."

"Yeah?" Jupiter smiled. "I mean, when I was all over you this morning, you seemed to be a bit more than relieved."

"Here, Harry, dear, have some lunch," Mrs. Weasley interrupted. As she happily placed several sandwiches on his plate, Jupiter felt Harry's hand move onto her upper thigh, sending a shiver up her spine.

"Thank you," Harry said, subtly sliding his hand up even further as he gave Mrs. Weasley a polite smile. She squeezed his shoulders gently, then returned to Sirius' and Mr. Weasley's conversation.

"What're you doing?" Jupiter hissed, placing her hand over Harry's. "We're literally at a table with everyone we know."

"It's not like anyone's watching us," Harry shrugged quietly, an extremely cocky (and attractive) smirk on his lips as his eyes flickered down to hers. He lowered his voice to a volume where even Jupiter struggled to hear and whispered , "tell me you want me to stop and I will."

Her breath caught in her throat, her eyes searching his desperately. She slowly lifted her hand from his, and even though she knew she'd probably end up regretting it, she didn't really care. "No."

"What're you two talking about?" Ginny asked from down the table. "You're very... 'whispery' today."

Harry pulled his hand away from Jupiter instantly, and she could see the immense fear in his eyes.

"Uh..." Jupiter said, her eyes widening as her mind went completely blank.

"Yes, please enlighten us."

Her dad had taken a sudden interest in the conversation, his somewhat bony fingers clasped together as he stared at the two of them with a smile.

"Sirius..." Remus said softly, but Sirius ignored him.