Down Time

Anon opens his eyes, blinking them from the dry and soreness. He rises from his bed and manages to stretch out his strained and sore muscles, letting out a harsh yawn. He stands on his feet staggering for a moment before walking into his bathroom. He looks at himself in the mirror and sees most of his scars and injuries have healed, though still feeling some burning with certain movements. He can only be thankful that none of them where deep stabs... well not lethal ones.

"God.... That sucked."

He says to himself. It's been a month since he's been out the hospital, Though the doctors advised that he stay for a full recovery, Kasumi was dismissive as she took Anon out of the hospital the first minute that he showed consciousness. She's always been protective, but since he's been awake and on his feet, he can almost feel the difference in her demeanor.

It's barely noticeable to any normal person or casual associates, but Anon feels like Kasumi isn't telling him something, or maybe something worse...

He shakes it off as he reaches for his toothbrush along with the paste. He smirks noticing that most of his used items have been either replaced or restocked, like nothings changed.

"Oh little miss Micromanage!"

Anon calls out with a smile on his face as Kasumi peaks her head around the bathroom doorway.

"Yes?"

"I know that I've been out of the loop for a little bit, and I thank you for keeping the place tidy. Did you REALLY have to replace everything in the apartment?"

Kasumi gives an innocent smile on her face as she responds.

"It's for the best regards for your safety Anon, you know this.~"

Anon sighs as she walks off. He takes his 30th new toothbrush and does his normal routine as Kasumi advocates. Anon continues to think to himself, things have been ramping up with the Activity with M.I.S.T. 

Public terror attacks against D.O.A Tech, Alleged Threats to big name companies, they have eyes and ears everywhere now. Kasumi does everything she needs to do to keep the town clean, and oddly her clone has been...Unseen as of late. Even reports of her either only watching conflicts or outright not being there.

Anon walks out into the kitchen and starts to help Kasumi with the table.

"Oh, thank you darling.~"

She says with a smile. Anon grabbing the fruits from the countertop and placing them down in sharing position. He stands for a moment just taking in the smell of the food before him.

"Super-girl, there must be magic at work from the way all of this smells and looks

"Super-girl, there must be magic at work from the way all of this smells and looks."

Kasumi blushes as she put her hands on Anons arm.

"And i'm sure your just gonna love how it taste. Now let's dive in, Darling."

Kasumi says with a smile. They both sit down and listen to soft jazz and calmly conversate, as if it is just themselves and no one else. Kasumi's smile is sweet and full of joy. Anon ever slightly sinical but giving way to the ray of sunlight in his face. 

It was peaceful, for now at least.

Anon then gets a thought and then thinks about asking Kasumi. He looks over to her as she is eating her fancy strawberry cake, with a look of delight on her face. This should be just another simple question about a family member.

"Hey Kas, I'm not sure if I've asked before, but as much as you talk about your family, I remember you mentioning your father having a brother? Who was he?"

Kasumis look of happiness vanishes from her face as she freezes in place. She was taking a bite out of her cake and she just holds the spoon in her mouth like a computer that just blue screened. Taking the spoon out her mouth and swallowing the sweet pastry harshly.

Anon feels the rooms mood shift.

"If it is a sensitive subject Kasumi..."

"No. You asked, and you deserve to know."

Her face sours as she recalls every memory with this, Person. Anon sees it in her face, the look of utter distain.

She finally calms herself and looks to Anon, speaking clearly and plain.

"He was a Demon... and I sent him back where he belonged..."

"He was Unhinged, a pig, and the first true Nukenin.... Dishonored Ninja."

Anon was stunned at the man described by Kasumi. This man was by all means a monster to his core. Killing for the sake of power, Nearly killing his own nephew and what he did to Kasumi's mother....

"Kasumi...."

She quickly cuts Anon off.

"As I said... I sent him right where he belonged. For the person I could have been had I not killed him, had I stayed home with my family. I would sacrifice it over and over and over again, so that we'd know Peace and not Tolerance for that Monster."

She says gripping her hands on her dress.

"My Master, Ryu Hayabusa, Has trained me to fight for the good people of the world against evil forces like Raidou."

Anon finally gathers his nerve and gives his response to the tense Kasumi.

"Wow.... Uh, Guess I know not to mention him at the family cookouts huh?"

He says giving a small nervous smile. Kasumi gives a small sigh of relief at Anons attempt at humor.

"Yeah.~"

Kasumi and Anon continue in their meal. As they eat Kasumi gains an idea for their training later that day, her face goes red with embarrassment. It's a fun and rather... Provocative idea, 

but....

"Hey Anon, Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Super-girl."

Kasumi moves in closer to Anons side. Anon starting to feel his chest pound as she squeezes her large against his arm. It was like a soft pillow against him. He blushes harshly as Kasumi then ask.

"Later today we'll have to train again, but I wanted to.... Try something.~"

"Alright."

In an effort to mask her intentions, she sterns her alluring voice.

"It is a different method of training, but I'm sure that you'll be able to handle it."

"Oh, something Master Hayabu-"

She chuckles cutting him off as her face goes completely red.

"OH, Absolutely not! Just something special that I want to try, With You.~"

Anon thinks to himself, in the haze of questions and possibilities he could only thing he could hear was the monkey side of his brain could respond with an answer.

"IS THE NINJA PRINCESS FLIRTING WITH ME?!"

It's as if Anon was frozen from Kasumi's forwardness, part of his brain that doesn't want to fall for this ploy and just keep it as casual, but the rest of him starts punching that same part of his brain. He gives a half assed smile to compensate. 

"Uuhhh Sure Kaz. Just normal training i'm sure after all."

"Oh Yeah... Just Training.~"