Flashbacks

TW: Abuse, Trauma

Y/n's Pov:

I was sitting in bed, full of sweat as my mind began imagining the scenarios once again. I turned the lamp on my nightstand on and found my headphones in my drawer. I connected them and played my favorite playlist, in an attempt to get my mind distracted and fall back asleep. But of course, that wasn't working so I took them off and got out of bed. 

I trolled down the hallway, tripping over my a couple sizes too big slippers, heading towards Mum's room. I knocked on the bedroom's door and heard a muffled "come in".  

I opened the door and spotted Mum leaned up against her emerald headboard, reading a book. Knowing Mum, it was a poetry book that she's already read 50 times. 

"Hey honey, come here" She patted the spot next to her on the bed, uncovering the duvet and blanket, making space for me to join her "What's wrong?" 

I crawled into bed next to her and rested my head on her shoulder. "You had one of those nightmares again, love?" Mum questioned, anchoring her arm around me and letting me snuggle in even closer. 

Mum knew I had nightmares back from when she and Dad were still together. I witnessed multiple times when they would yell at eachother or he would hit Mum. Eventually, a couple months back, just as I finished primary, Mum got the courage and left him. She packed our stuff while I was at school and she picked me up, saying we're staying with Nana until we find something. I was confused at first but also relieved and proud of Mum for leaving. He tried reaching us but Mum threatened him, saying she'll expose him and ruin his reputation forever so after a while he gave up.

Now we live happily alone in a 3 bedroom house with a huge garden. I think Mum even started seeing someone again but won't admit it and I'm willing to give her some time to admit it. 

"Yeah. I tried playing music but I still couldn't fall back, asleep" I explained, wrapping my arms around Mum's waist as she hugged me even tighter. "Shh, it's okay. I'm here and I'm not leaving, alright? You wanna talk about it?" 

"It was just the usual. You were both in the kitchen, with me watching from behind the corner, as he kept throwing plates and stuff at you. One hit your head and you fell so he came up to you and slapped you before kicking your stomach and storming out. I ran up to you to make sure you're okay and you replied "yes, go to bed" while tears kept spilling out and blood dripping from your forehead. You stood up and left for the bathroom and locked yourself. I went to bed and then I woke up" 

"I'm sorry love. You never deserved to see any of that" Mum choked out and I looked up to see her cheeks wet from tears. "Don't cry Mum, I'm alright. But can I stay with you for the night?" I sat up and this time I was the one hugging her. 

After a while she calmed down a bit and nodded. "Yes, of course. I'm sorry" "No need to apologize, it never was, is, and never will be your fault" I comforted her and soon enough we both calmed down completely. 

Mum found a dvd of my favorite movie, Mamma Mia, and we both soon fell asleep watching it. 

~Words Count: 636~

A/N: Omd I js realized how lo g I haven't been active on this or my other book and I feel TERRIBLE but I rly don't have any motivation to write ANYTHING rn so updates will be veryyyyy slow but I will do my best to keep them coming ♡