Ch. 7: Schoolyard Brawl

The next day, Maka and Black Star were testing something, with Professor Stein watching over then of course.

"Okay, Maka, I am using my Soul Wavelength to block yours, you may remove your soul protect now." Professor Stein said.

Maka nodded.

"Soul Protect, release!" She said as her body glowed.

'Please work, please work, please work.' Maka thought, knowing that if this doesn't work... she is going to be surrounded by meisters and weapons... and that would end very badly.

A few seconds passed and nothing bad happened, showing that Stein was right and his wavelength was working.

"Good, now... you two may begin the test." He said.

"Ha! If she thinks some spell will stop me she has another thing coming!" Black Star said, jumping down the steps and into the courtyard.

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Maka said, walking down the steps.

Once they were both at different ends of the courtyard, both of them started running at each other. Black Star got his hands in position, while Maka's fist started glowing.

"IMPACT STRIKE!"

"BLACK STAR BIG WAVE!"

Maka's fist and Black Star's palm and elbow collided, creating a massive burst of pure energy. The ground shook, and they both were knocked back on their backs. Soul and Tsubaki ran to help their meisters up.

"Well, that was interesting." Dr. Stein said.

"Lucky nothing was broken." Maka said, getting up with Soul's help.

Right after she said that, one of the candles on the school collapsed.

'EXCEPT THAT!' The students thought in shock, looking up to the falling piece of the academy!

'That might be coming out my paycheck.' Stein thought with a calm expression.

"Well, luckily no one was hurt." Stein said.

"Ahh!" Someone screamed.

They all turned and saw Death the Kid and the Thompson Sisters standing there.

"Oh no." Stein muttered.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY FATHER'S SCHOOL?!" Kid shouted in a panic. "YOU'VE DESTROYED ITS PERFECT SYMMETRY!"

"Great." Liz said, putting her hand over her face, "Now look what you've done."

Black Star looked at Kid and smiled.

"So, you're the new kid, huh?" He asked, "You think you can just show up and steal my moment?"

A few feet away, Maka realized what was going to happen.

"Come on, Soul, let's go before Black Star does something-"

Maka turned to look at Soul... only to see that was not there. He was walking towards Black Star!

"Soul, what are you doing?!" Maka yelled.

Soul smirked. He saw what this guy can do against Kishins, but he wants to see what he can do against other people.

"I wanna see just how strong this new guy is. I mean, you gotta have some pretty big balls to arrive at school at 8 instead of 7." Soul said with a grin.

"SINCE WHEN DID YOU CARE ABOUT BEING ON TIME?!" Maka shouted at him.

Maka was ignored by Soul as Death the Kid jolted a bit, donning a serious look before looking at Soul.