THE REVEALED 62.

Yn's pov -

I take full responsibility for raping Hayun

His words echoed in my ears, drowning out all other sounds. For a brief moment, the world seemed to stand still. I could see him standing in the middle of the courtroom, his eyes fixed on the judge, his chest rising and falling rapidly with each heavy breath.

The courtroom fell into a stunned silence, the weight of his words sinking in. It was as if everyone needed a moment to process what he had just said.

Confessed.

My heart stopped, and I couldn't tell if I was breathing. His confession meant a life sentence. A life without family, without smiles, without proper food, without peace... without me... without us.

No, no, no...

My head shook involuntarily. My palm, which had been ready to open, clenched tightly.

What did he do?

Just because they were going to interrogate me, he sacrificed his freedom. All for that failed attack in which the glass hadn't even touched Hayn's body.

"I appreciate your concern for saving our time, Mr. Kim Taehyung," Hayun's lawyer, Mr. Kang, said with a grin on his face.

Mr. Hope sighed and sank into his chair, disappointedly. We had failed to save Taehyung.

We had failed.

I felt numb, barely aware of how I was still standing, still breathing.

Taehyung didn't look at me. His eyes were fixed ahead.

"But we have to finish what has been started," Mr

"But we have to finish what has been started," Mr. Kang turned to me. "Show us your palm, Mrs. Kim."

Finally, Taehyung turned to look at me. My eyes were devoid of emotion, the hope of his freedom having died with his self-sacrifice.

I extended my hand, despite Taehyung's pleading eyes begging me not to do what I was about to do. I opened my palm, revealing the ugly scar. The wound had healed, but fresh nail scratches marred my skin, making it bleed again.