17 || hidden scars

Emmalyn ⋆。°✩

"Emma," Mel said, shoving the bouquet she was holding into Elia's arms.

Grinning, he set them both down at a little table nearby. Melina in the meantime, practically leaped into my arms and gave me a tight hug, while bursting into happy tears.

"Are you okay? Are you both okay?" I nodded and she pulled away, placing a tiny strand of hair that was in front of my face behind my ear.

"Oh my, i missed you so much." she exclaimed.

When we turned around, Elias was sitting on Mateo's bed and he was giving him a hug, patting each others back. Elias then, got up and gave me a hug, "I'm glad you're both okay."

"Never been better." Mateo joked, grinning and i noticed Mel staring at us sadly.

I haven't realized how much i've missed them both all these days.

"A little gift from us, for y'know, surviving." Elias handed us the large bouquets; they were truly beautiful.

"Little?" I asked and he grinned. There was a big pink ribbon around a garland of colourful tulips, roses, azaleas, lilies and peonies.

We thanked them and i took both bouquets, placing the flowers in different vases.

"I recognise those clothes," Mel grinned and whispered to my ear, and my face became a shade of pink as she helped me water the flowers.

His clothes were incredibly comfortable and cozy, despite being three times larger than my size. His smell permeated the entire space, especially the clothes i was wearing at the time.

"We're together." i muttered and Mel's face appeared to go paler.

"Boyfriend girlfriend, y'know." I muttered again, thinking she might've not have heard me correctly the first time as she silently stared at me.

Her eyes slowly widened and became full with spark and hope, her lips parted just a little before gently opening into a smile.

"I knew it. I knew it!" She squealed with delight, and i held her hand in attempt to calm her down.

She slightly jumped and then kept looking at me with that weird, constant smile.

"You can't just say it like that! How did it even happen?" she gushed.

"When?" she inquired. I sat down with her and told her the entire story, not leaving out a single detail.

After discussing everything that had happened to each of us over the previous several days with Melina, i sat on Mateo's bed, and he put his arm around my waist, causing butterflies in my tummy.

Mel and Elias shared a smile as they sat side by side on the couch beside the bed.

"Were you two together when the shooting began?" Melina asked in a hushed voice.

I'm sure that bringing up this topic made our hearts race a little. A brief stillness ensued during which all eyes were fixed on the ground.