iX| A fool

Chapter Nine: A fool
Game of Thrones, Season 1

✺ ┅ ⑅ ┅ ✺

"Men decide where power resides, whether or not they know it."

— Varys

THE NORTHWINTERFELL

THE NORTH
WINTERFELL

"Treason?"

Robb Stark read the letter that Sansa had sent out loud. Nyssa, Theon and Maester Luwin were present around him and the Ember girl was finding it hard to believe the words written. The capital had placed Eddard Stark into chains and now they thought letting Sansa write to them would make things better?

"I don't believe it. Your father would never betray anyone, let alone the king," said Nyssa strongly.

"Sansa wrote this?" Robb clarified.

"It is your sister's hand, but the Queen's words. You are summoned to King's Landing to swear fealty to the new King." Maester Luwin concluded.

"Joffrey puts my father in chains, now he wants his ass kissed?" Robb scoffed.

"This is a royal command, My Lord. If you should refuse to obey—"

"I won't refuse. His Grace summons me to King's Landing, I'll go to King's Landing." said Robb, folding up the letter. "But not alone.Call the banners."

"All of them, My Lord?"

"They've all sworn to defend my father, have they not?" Robb questioned.

"They have." Maester Luwin nodded.

"Now we see what their words are worth."

Maester Luwin gave a small nod before walking away. Nyssa gave Theon a small look and he soon left too, leaving the Lord and Lady alone.

"Are you afraid?" Nyssa whispered, looking at his head.

"I must be," Robb replied, eyes trailing to where she was looking.

"Good, it means you aren't stupid," Nyssa smiled, placing her hand on his shaking one.

"Your father...he'll keep his word, won't he?" Robb questioned. "You said he never breaks a promise."

"My father does not believe in war but he is honourable. Let me write to him and explain, it'll be better than form Maester Luwin," Nyssa assured. "No matter what, I am with you. For now and for always."

"That's not a way to bed me, Nyssa Ember," Robb teased the word's of Nyssa.

A small smile took over her face as she looked at Robb, feeling a warm feeling take over her. Nyssa had never been someone who fell into the arms of men but it was clear that Robb Stark had her under his thumb to some degree...and she hated it.