Idol Olympics Mini Series: Basketball (ft. IVE)

The lingering disappointment was in your head

The lingering disappointment was in your head. You had that last arrow, you truly did. But alas, it flew wide off the mark and you scored too low.

Shaking the thoughts out of your mind, you turned your attention to basketball. As mentioned before, a couple days of training would be provided to familiarize everyone with the sport before the revelation of this "new format."

You wondered the skill level of everyone involved but you were just simply focused on refining your skills.

Closed doors, no camera, just vibes.

You were praying this new format would help you win.

The days went by as you watched everyone play basketball. Some had played, some had not, some hadn't even known what the sport was.

It was clear you were near the top in terms of experience though. Two people had played in high school which was better than what you had played because you had only played casually.

However, you had also played more recently.

You were a true Point Guard (something the Suns just refuse to acknowledge they need right now) which meant your strengths lied in ball handling and passing, and it showed. During scrimmages you seemed to know where everyone was as even players who weren't as experienced took advantage of your skills and got into the right positions for easy buckets.

You were beginning to catch the eyes of your fellow players as you practiced. If they hadn't noticed you during archery, they had certainly noticed you know.

They way you handled the ball, it was almost elegant. Every dribble, step, movement, it all seemed calculated.

Your shooting form was a little more on the unique side but you hadn't missed yet, so that was something.

The drills you had eased through and your work ethic...wow.

Hustling for every ball, every possession, you hungered for the speed of the game to be quick. Your aggression was going to be a welcome addition to the team because you all would play together.

Right?

Remember, baseball was the only sport where you 20 would be one team. The other four sports, the teams would be mixed and matched with idols or you would be competing against each other.

And with this new format...you would not be on the same team. Kind of.

As training wrapped up, you all headed back to your respective hotel rooms, ready for tomorrow. For all of you, this was a dream come true and everyone was excited.

But not everyone had the same reasons to be excited.

This new format was as follows: as there were 20 players they would then draw numbers 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1. It would represent how many players would be on a team. So if you drew a 5, you would be part of a 5 player team. If a 4, then a 4 player team. So on and so forth. There were ten five's, four four's, three three's, two two's, and a singular one.