Chapter 32

Li Wuting couldn't stand it anymore and snapped coldly, "What a disgrace!"

The two people on the wall were startled and fell down in a heap: "Ouch!"

With a stern face, Li Wuting walked over, while Ning Rushen followed, speechless.

As they approached, Dequan's lantern illuminated the courtyard wall.

Li Yingtang and Geng Yan, piled on the ground, looked up and were shocked, "Your, Your Majesty?"

Li Yingtang quickly regained his composure from the initial fright, his gaze flickering brightly between Li Wuting and Ning Rushen.

"Lu Wu," Li Wuting interrupted in a deep voice.

Soon, a Jinyiwei guard came forward and lifted the noble Prince Xuan.

Prince Xuan exclaimed, "Hey!"

Ning Rushen admired: As expected of you, you charge straight ahead.

Li Wuting glanced down at the subdued Prince Xuan, "What are you doing here? Has the Ning Residence lost its main gate?"

Li Yingtang stammered, "...Just passing by. I saw Minister Geng climbing the wall and thought that's how everyone got in."

Geng Yan turned his head in shock, feeling utterly betrayed!

Li Wuting's cold gaze fell on Geng Yan again. Just as the latter was sweating under the pressure, he heard Li Wuting casually say, "That's his hobby."

Geng Yan: ???

Ning Rushen, feeling guilty, turned his head away: The cat knows nothing.

Seeing Prince Xuan being taken aside by the Jinyiwei guard, Li Wuting seemed ready to deal with his "unfortunate household." Ning Rushen, considerately and consciously, spoke up:

"Your Majesty, I'll return on my own from here."

Li Wuting seemed to sneer, "Oh, Ning Qing found a successor..." Halfway through his sentence, Prince Xuan craned his head over.

He stopped talking, "Never mind, you may go back."

Ning Rushen, "?"

Li Wuting's expression returned to calm, and he glanced at Ning Rushen, "Why are you still peeking around?"

Ning Rushen, "I'm seeing Your Majesty off."

"..."

A large hand reached over and pressed his head back.

The rough palm pushed against his forehead.

A few strands of hair fell across his eyebrows, Ning Rushen closed his eyes, his shoulders twitching from the tickle, "Mm."

A voice fell in front of him, "No need to see me off so far."

The palm left, and he opened his eyes to see Li Wuting had withdrawn his hand, glancing at Geng Yan beside him, then leaving with Prince Xuan.

The group left, leaving only two people in the alley.

Ning Rushen looked at Geng Yan with a sigh, "Why bother?"

"I told you not to climb his walls again," Ning Rushen said.

Geng Yan's lips quivered with anger, "I wasn't planning to climb the wall! I saw Prince Xuan climbing it, so I went up to lend a hand out of goodwill!"

"Out of goodwill."

Ning Rushen genuinely remarked, "No wonder you have such blessings."

Geng Yan: ...